Jump to content
Paul Dean

Danville - 2021 Schedule

Recommended Posts

With all the turmoil encountered within the Danville district and program, I was wondering if anyone has heard any scheduling talk.  Most teams appear to have finalized their schedules and are posting them.  With Coach Clevenger no longer leading the program, who is responsible for completing the schedule if it has not already done.  I have pulled together six games from other teams posted schedules.

8/20 vs. Garrard County at (Lincoln County Bowl)

8/27 vs  Lincoln County (Danville Bowl)

9/03 at Boyle County

10/8 at Somerset (District)

10/15 vs. Washington County (District)

10/22 at Lexington Christian Academy (District)

That leaves four games unaccounted.  Any thoughts???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read today that Danville School Board has formed a search committee.  I don't think the players, alumni, or public know who is on the committee and what their search criteria is.  I have also read that none of the assistants have been contacted or told anything about their jobs.  I truly hate it for the kids.  I have followed this very closely and it seems like an absolute train wreck.  Very sad for one the most revered football programs in the state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

9/10: Danville at Mercer   

 

Great pickup for you.  I can’t ever remember Danville and Mercer playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Dean said:

Great pickup for you.  I can’t ever remember Danville and Mercer playing.

They were in the same district back in the 1990s. I can’t recall them playing since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many starters return for the Admirals?  Overall how would you rate their talent level right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they actually lack 3 games to fill the schedule they may have to go looking out of state and then that might be difficult as late in the game as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per the listserv, Coach Peach is still looking for games on the 17th & 24th of September. No word here on who the opponents are for Oct 1 & Oct 29.

Aug 20 vs. Garrard County (at Lincoln County Bowl)
Aug 27 vs. Lincoln County (Danville Bowl)
Sep 3 at Boyle County
Sep 10 at Mercer County
Sep 17  - OPEN
Sep 24 - OPEN
Oct 1 - ??
Oct 8 at Somerset (District)
Oct 15 vs. Washington County (District)
Oct 22 at Lexington Christian Academy (District)
Oct 29 - ??

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ads have had Wayne, Mason, Allen County, Shelby Valley, Bell, Bardstown, Madison Central, Madison Southern and John Hardin all appear in various iterations of their last couple years' non-district schedules.

Mason had an open date on 10/1 so that might be the game for that date. Madison Central and Bardstown are yet to put out a schedule. And I think Douglass and Bryan Station are the only to FCPS programs with schedules out yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, TylerDurden said:

The Ads have had Wayne, Mason, Allen County, Shelby Valley, Bell, Bardstown, Madison Central, Madison Southern and John Hardin all appear in various iterations of their last couple years' non-district schedules.

Mason had an open date on 10/1 so that might be the game for that date. Madison Central and Bardstown are yet to put out a schedule. And I think Douglass and Bryan Station are the only to FCPS programs with schedules out yet.

Not sure of the week, but I believe they picked up Bullitt East this year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

Not sure of the week, but I believe they picked up Bullitt East this year

Bullitt East is now showing Danville on October 1st, game at Danville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

Not sure of the week, but I believe they picked up Bullitt East this year

 

53 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Bullitt East is now showing Danville on October 1st, game at Danville.

First meeting between the two schools since the 1994 AA state final. Probably not a fond memory for the folks in Mount Washington, with Danville rolling that day, 39-7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

 

First meeting between the two schools since the 1994 AA state final. Probably not a fond memory for the folks in Mount Washington, with Danville rolling that day, 39-7.

Makes for a good story line though....in 1994, the  Chargers were led by Brandon Egan at QB.  In 2021, the Chargers roll into Danville, led by Travis Egan at QB....Brandon's son.  Hopefully the younger Egan gets a better result!

It also shows how quickly Mt. Washington has grown.  Just over 25 years ago, BE was a 2A school and had there been 6 classes back then instead of 4, they still would have been 2A....now they are firmly in the middle of 6A as far as enrollment.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

It also shows how quickly Mt. Washington has grown.  Just over 25 years ago, BE was a 2A school and had there been 6 classes back then instead of 4, they still would have been 2A....now they are firmly in the middle of 6A as far as enrollment.

Always found it interesting that in 1970 Bullitt Central opened as a consolidation of Lebanon Junction, Mount Washington, and Shepherdsville. Five years later they opened North Bullitt and five years after that, Bullitt East. Bullitt County went from three schools to one school to three schools again in a decade.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.