mcpapa

St. Henry 61 Covington Catholic 60

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Obviously Cov Cath will be fine, even if zero basketball players from the Catholic middle school feeders go to CCH.

This win by St. Henry is a blow to the CCH aura.  If you are a top notch player you don't have to go to CCH. There are other options for that Catholic school education along with an opportunity to be top tier on the basketball court as well. Anyone who would try to dispel that thought looks more Machiavellian after this win.

OK, Machiavellian?  That’s interesting.

Like I said, CCH will be fine.  Congrats to St Henry.  I don’t recall this as a topic when HC beat CCH a few years ago, or even Ben Weyer’s NCC team.  I think the current roster composition is the issue that seems to be the problem for people.  To me, the roster would be the chief reason someone may consider another school.

I guess the next question is, does one, one point win, really cause a blow to the aura of Cov Cath?  Heck, St Henry is one of the favorites to win the 9th Region.  I’m not even sure one season would be a blow to the aura.  Maybe it does, but history doesn’t seem to support that theory.  I don’t remember CCH taking a huge hit win NCC won the 9th in ‘16.  They won the state title two years later.  

In my opinion, it’s a bit of a reach to call this a blow.  If you think I’m Machiavellian, you’re entitled to that opinion.

1 minute ago, Samcro said:

OK, Machiavellian?  That’s interesting.

Like I said, CCH will be fine.  Congrats to St Henry.  I don’t recall this as a topic when HC beat CCH a few years ago, or even Ben Weyer’s NCC team.  I think the current roster composition is the issue that seems to be the problem for people.  To me, the roster would be the chief reason someone may consider another school.

I guess the next question is, does one, one point win, really cause a blow to the aura of Cov Cath?  Heck, St Henry is one of the favorites to win the 9th Region.  I’m not even sure one season would be a blow to the aura.  Maybe.  I don’t remember CCH taking a huge hit win NCC won the 9th in ‘16.  Heck, they won the state title two years later.  

In my opinion, it’s a bit of a reach to call this a blow.  If you think I’m delusional, you’re entitled to that opinion.

You absolutely are not delusional. I don't know how much of an impact it will have if any. You make fair points. My point is this win offers some proof that St. Henry is a viable option for anyone who might claim it isn't.

• Like 2

Think it shows that the local kids are pretty good too

• Like 2

Fellas-I am very close to the St. Henry community. I have heard since most of these Seniors were at IHM that this would be the best St. Henry class ever....AND IT IS. Next year will be a HUGE DROPOFF....they only have one Junior who gets any minutes. CCH starts 1 Senior-Stocks.  I am so happy for the CRU Seniors, but they want the Regional Title as the school only has one in 2003. I don't think a one point comeback on what looked like a monotonous effort by CCH in the 2nd Half is going to sway kids going to one school or the next. It certainly shouldn't . My youngest son and his friends certainly weren't swayed, and they all will be high-level Varsity players down the road. Let's just give Wyatt and the CRU credit-they wanted it more.