Colonels_Wear_Blue

Corbin - 2021 Schedule

Aug 20 vs. Rhea County (TN) (Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic)
Aug 27 at Whitley County
Sep 3 vs. Franklin County
Sep 10 at Pulaski County
Sep 17 vs. Somerset
Sep 24 - BYE
Oct 1 vs. Simon Kenton
Oct 8 at Knox Central (District)
Oct 15 at Lincoln County (District)
Oct 22 vs. Wayne County (District)
Oct 29 at Campbell County

Eu1u1o2XcAwvovH.jpg.7a39088a84a9b45812ccd45693979b67.jpg

• Thanks 1

Two northern Kentucky teams on the schedule for the Redhounds for a second year in a row. The SK and Campbell games will make their 6th and 7th regular season games against NKY teams within a 5 season span. I dig that!

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Two northern Kentucky teams on the schedule for the Redhounds for a second year in a row. The SK and Campbell games will make their 6th and 7th regular season games against NKY teams within a 5 season span. I dig that!

No Beechwood anymore. 

9 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

No Beechwood anymore. 

Campbell and Simon Kenton much better for RPI boosters. Beechwood good for playoff preparation but hurts you in RPI where they’re 2A

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

Campbell and Simon Kenton much better for RPI boosters. Beechwood good for playoff preparation but hurts you in RPI where they’re 2A

You need to win to boost that RPI, Corbin lost 3 out of 4 games to Beechwood. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

You need to win to boost that RPI, Corbin lost 3 out of 4 games to Beechwood. 

Also true. A win over a 2A school doesn't do a lot for your RPI was the point I was getting at. But yes, you have to win your games to boost RPI. 

Corbin had a heck of a year last year and even with that loss to Beechwood was a cancellation away from having the number 1 overall seed in last year’s tournament the way it was going. I would like to have kept that Beechwood series on the schedule myself. This team will have a lot of talent ready to play this schedule. Some nice matchups and I look for Corbin to have another great year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Corbin had a heck of a year last year and even with that loss to Beechwood was a cancellation away from having the number 1 overall seed in last year’s tournament the way it was going. I would like to have kept that Beechwood series on the schedule myself. This team will have a lot of talent ready to play this schedule. Some nice matchups and I look for Corbin to have another great year. 

Whitley was 2-5 with teams like Bell, North, South, and Hazard on their schedule (bad records for opponents opponents win percentage). I believe that game could have lowered their RPI. 

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

Whitley was 2-5 with teams like Bell, North, South, and Hazard on their schedule (bad records for opponents opponents win percentage). I believe that game could have lowered their RPI. 

It's also a local rivalry game. Are you advocating Corbin drop Whitley and play Beechwood?

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

It's also a local rivalry game. Are you advocating Corbin drop Whitley and play Beechwood?

Not at all. I was referencing the statement of being a cancellation away from the 1 seed. 

Corbin would get more though from Beechwood than Whitley. I predict Whitley does worse next year than they did this year. 

• Thanks 1

If the Whitley game was played, Corbin would have gotten the number 1 seed. Fact. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.