Jump to content
Colonels_Wear_Blue

BGP QOTD: What's the dumbest thing you got in trouble for in school?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Gotcha and I have had the paddle taken to me too, it gets you straightened up and flying right for sure!

The teachers claimed they were working on their softball swings!  Forty-two years later, in retrospect, I can say that I deserved all of it.  Most of the time, I was a good kid.  But I had my moments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nkypete said:

The teachers claimed they were working on their softball swings!  Forty-two years later, in retrospect, I can say that I deserved all of it.  Most of the time, I was a good kid.  But I had my moments.

Me too, I deserved what I got and that is a good thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In middle school, I forged my mother's signature in a document.   Which went unnoticed for several weeks until parent teacher conferences when my mom couldn't recall signing said document about my progress reports.  The dumb part, me not realizing my own mother capitalized two different letters in her first name.   At the time I couldn't understand how she was so confident she hadn't signed the paper.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was Best School Citizen my senior year.  Never once got in trouble.  Wasn’t a saint but just never got caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I was Best School Citizen my senior year.  Never once got in trouble.  Wasn’t a saint but just never got caught.

Please tell us about one of the times you never got caught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my only detention ever from my Spanish 3 teacher. As it was a more advanced Spanish class, we weren’t allowed to speak any English. The teacher made the mistake of telling us we could say whatever we wanted as long as it was in Spanish. I thought it would be funny if I learned a few of the curse words in Spanish. I waited for the perfect moment, and dropped a few choice words (the harmless ones..no Spanish “f” bombs or anything). Turns out the teacher really didn’t mean you could anything you wanted..there were restrictions. Got kicked out of class, sent to the office to get my punishment. The asst principal  (who went to high school with my dad) did think it was kind of funny, but gave me 2 days of detention to appease the teacher. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, theguru said:

Please tell us about one of the times you never got caught. 

Well, sneaking up into the Bell Tower was a senior rite of passage.  I snuck out and went out for lunch a couple of times.  Worst thing I ever did (and I still feel bad about it), was sneaking into an empty classroom with a classmate and changing some grades in a grade book.  Back then classrooms were never locked and everything was out in the open. Oddly enough, I had an A in that class so I had no reason to do it except for the danger element.

 Most of my bad girl things happened on the weekend.  

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was the time I got suspended for skipping school. I remember a month later when I was "sick" on a Wednesday and felt better on Thursday. Mr. Coleman said that if I skipped Friday "don't bother coming on Monday." I thought "Woo-HOO! 4-day weekend!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wore hats as a kid and still do a lot of the time. I think I was in 6th grade and came to school  wearing a hat. It was before school started so we were all just sitting in the bleachers in the gym just waiting for school to start. The assistant principal came in and told me to take the hat off. For whatever reason I wasn’t having it and just ignored the request. He asked me again for the 2nd time and again I ignored the request. 3rd time he walked up the bleachers, took my hat off of my head and gave me detention after school that day. To this day, I still think he was just being a jerk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst though was when I was in 8th grade, we had some free time so we were just messing around. One of my buddies and I were in the back of the room doing whatever and I pretended to slap him across the face with my right hand and slapped my thigh with my left hand to make the “slap” sound. The teacher thought I legit slapped him and my buddy, thinking it was hilarious, played in to it and never told her it was a joke. I got in school suspension the next day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll tell you one that I didn't get in trouble for but was definitely involved in. It was my junior year, last week of school. Our school building had windows that went almost to the ground. You could sit in the window sill, hang outside the window, and look into the next door classroom. A bunch of us are hanging out in the French class. One of my best friends (great guy who is now a Baptist minister) has a red Gatorade. Another friend (who is NOT a Baptist minister) has a water gun. While my buddy isn't looking, the other loads the red Gatorade into his water gun. He then hangs out the window into the next room (computer class) and shoots the teacher with the red Gatorade. About fifteen seconds later she storms into our room, wearing a white dress that is now very red, and yells "who did this?!" The only person with a red Gatorade was my good friend. She hauls him to the principal's office - her husband was the principal! - and none of us ever stood up for him. I regret not being a good friend and sticking up for him but I had a hard time keeping from laughing at the entire situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'll tell you one that I didn't get in trouble for but was definitely involved in. It was my junior year, last week of school. Our school building had windows that went almost to the ground. You could sit in the window sill, hang outside the window, and look into the next door classroom. A bunch of us are hanging out in the French class. One of my best friends (great guy who is now a Baptist minister) has a red Gatorade. Another friend (who is NOT a Baptist minister) has a water gun. While my buddy isn't looking, the other loads the red Gatorade into his water gun. He then hangs out the window into the next room (computer class) and shoots the teacher with the red Gatorade. About fifteen seconds later she storms into our room, wearing a white dress that is now very red, and yells "who did this?!" The only person with a red Gatorade was my good friend. She hauls him to the principal's office - her husband was the principal! - and none of us ever stood up for him. I regret not being a good friend and sticking up for him but I had a hard time keeping from laughing at the entire situation.

I would say your friend “manned up” by not turning you  in.  Thank goodness he gave up his life of crime to be a minister!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.