ChiefSmoke

KFCA Playoff Survey on district play for the first two rounds of the playoffs

This would be an off the wall idea, but I think it would make the playoffs interesting in a sense. Pair the districts 1-4 and 5-8 but treat it like March Madness, district champs and runner-up regular season are guaranteed a home game. RPI all the teams and pair them:

1-16

2-15

3-14

4-13

5-12

6-11

7-10

8-9

The seeding would enter as:

1st- 1-4

2nd 5-8

3rd 9-12

4th 13-16

You could end up with someone in your own district or be making the longer drive, your bracket would align like a normal with 1 and 2 opposite, meeting in the Semi-Finals and finishing in the State Title. Like I said off the wall, but somewhat combines the systems but makes it interesting and treat the Sunday following last regular season game as selection Sunday. Thoughts? You can just laugh this idea off too.

On 2/17/2021 at 4:57 PM, ChiefSmoke said:

Why do you believe that?

Because Football Coaches support what is best for their football program whereas supers, ADs, and principals have many more masters to serve. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TCHSRaider said:

This would be an off the wall idea, but I think it would make the playoffs interesting in a sense. Pair the districts 1-4 and 5-8 but treat it like March Madness, district champs and runner-up regular season are guaranteed a home game. RPI all the teams and pair them:

1-16

2-15

3-14

4-13

5-12

6-11

7-10

8-9

The seeding would enter as:

1st- 1-4

2nd 5-8

3rd 9-12

4th 13-16

You could end up with someone in your own district or be making the longer drive, your bracket would align like a normal with 1 and 2 opposite, meeting in the Semi-Finals and finishing in the State Title. Like I said off the wall, but somewhat combines the systems but makes it interesting and treat the Sunday following last regular season game as selection Sunday. Thoughts? You can just laugh this idea off too.

I think this would be really fun that being said it’s never going to happen for some reason in football travel time is a big deal.

23 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I think this would be really fun that being said it’s never going to happen for some reason in football travel time is a big deal.

Football has the largest team, largest support staff, and the most equipment to transport. It usually takes most teams a couple or even a few busses plus a trailer for the equipment. The costs of moving that stuff adds up pretty quickly. That’s why travel is an issue for some teams.

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.