On 3/21/2021 at 9:54 AM, Tkinslow said:

What’s the talent pool look like the next 3 or 4 years does it look like the new coach will be coming in to a pretty stacked roster or will the talent be down some ( by Danville standards)..

I think that's one of the million dollar questions with this job, and may well play a role in who is or isn't looking to interview.

Winning records recruit for themselves, and I think, at least in the immediate, that's going to take its toll on Danville with Boyle County sitting so nearby and so much heartburn over Danville showing Coach Clevenger the door. Prime example...as I understand it, the Ads quarterback is now wearing black & gold.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I think that's one of the million dollar questions with this job, and may well play a role in who is or isn't looking to interview.

Winning records recruit for themselves, and I think, at least in the immediate, that's going to take its toll on Danville with Boyle County sitting so nearby and so much heartburn over Danville showing Coach Clevenger the door. Prime example...as I understand it, the Ads quarterback is now wearing black & gold.

I was told this by someone a little closer to the Danville program than I am:

Next year is the "best" of the next 3 years [for Danville] - obviously LCA is stacked, Somerset too, but especially LCA.

Danville still has two open weeks to fill for their 21-22 schedule and the only takers right now are some 3A, 4A, 5A recent state title winners. That goes along with a non-district schedule already of Lincoln, Boyle, Whitley and Garrard.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

2 minutes ago, Willy the whale said:

This is a huge topic! Long term plan of course. Can't wait to see who get the gig.

Welcome to BGP @Willy the whale!

Was told that Mark Peach's name was being thrown around  a long with Dennis Johnson.  Not sure if that is true but that is what someone told me they had heard.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rebelstat said:

Was told that Mark Peach's name was being thrown around  a long with Dennis Johnson.  Not sure if that is true but that is what someone told me they had heard.

Has a decision date been decided?

28 minutes ago, Willy the whale said:

Has a decision date been decided?

As far as I know nothing yet and haven't heard of a date yet.

I heard this week was round 4 of interviews.  Candidates were asked to bring teacher evaluations and lesson plans and teaching philosophy.

3 minutes ago, okie1 said:

I heard this week was round 4 of interviews.  Candidates were asked to bring teacher evaluations and lesson plans and teaching philosophy.

Well hopefully after the fourth interview they know who they want lol. 

• Haha 2

Round four of interviews?  And we thought the Highlands search got a little nuts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So does this mean the SAME guys back for their 4th round of interviews?

Or 4th different group of candidates? 

What's the assessment of Peach and Johnson as coaches (assuming they are in the running)?  I know Johnson is at Woodford but hasn't had a ton of success there.