18 hours ago, WestDanville said:

First name I’ve heard from a person close to the program is Forrest Garner. OL/TE coach at Campbellsville University. Not sure if he just applied or if that’s who they want. 

Does he have any high school coaching experience?  Any ties to the town?  Seems like a very random selection.

53 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Does he have any high school coaching experience?  Any ties to the town?  Seems like a very random selection.

Not saying bad or good, but definitely limited ties per his Campbellsville bio. That said, Campbellsville’s coach Perry Thomas is a Kentucky guy as is their offensive coordinator Chris Pardue. So maybe that’s the connection?

7E00F23B-D107-465D-8CA5-12186F8687BA.jpeg

Now I’ve heard it’s nothing more than a rumor and that Danville has yet to even form a hiring committee. This will be interesting to say the least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really no need to as the super it appears has a candidate she wants to hire. If anyone is asked to be on this committee they need to decline!

Great football town / tradition / stadium.   I would think that this is a great football job - just need to remember the expectations are always high in Danville!

Administration on a power trip can ruin many good jobs and places to work.  Personal agenda seem to be the most important thing to some in administration. In a job where it is suppose to be about the kids, these people seem to forget that sometimes. Its never good for a coach if this is the issue and they aren't on the inside with the administration and there agenda. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

This position is also ver hot! Who is going to jump in for one year? The super will be gone in a year so this will be a one year job!

Why would the coach only be expected to stay for a year? If the superintendent is leaving wouldn't that mean the coach likely outlasts the super?

Has Danville even put together a hiring committee yet?  Last reports said that hasn't occurred.  Parents are upset because the old staff is locked out of the weight room and kids aren't lifting.

They are doing a disservice to these athletes if they aren’t allowing them access to the weightroom. They should name an interim head coach from the existing staff and allow him to run the day to day operations, until a decision is made. I went through something similar as a player and consistency was very important, we didn’t lose any players to transfer AND improved our record from our Jr to Sr year under what was essentially an interim head coach my entire senior year. It really put a chip on our shoulders.

How can one of the State's true blueblood programs completely fumble this snap so badly?

1 minute ago, ATLCat said:

How can one of the State's true blueblood programs completely fumble this snap so badly?

Somebody didn't like somebody and the kids/program suffers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Somebody didn't like somebody and the kids/program suffers. 

As an outsider to the situation with a reasonable amount of common sense....

Maybe the wrong person got fired is what it sounds like to me.

Missing "Rainbow Connection"? It's time for Kermit the Frog memes – Film  Daily

• Like 1
  • Haha 3