Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, theguru said:

What do we know about John Curtis (LA)?

Calpreps had them #16 in Louisiana. Male had 6 points higher Calprep rating. Not sure what they have coming back. Probably a competitive game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traditionally John Curtis is one of the top teams in Louisiana; will be a big test for Male. I know they used to run veer as late as 2012; not sure if they still do. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theguru said:

What do we know about John Curtis (LA)?

They were 6-5 this season with a young offense. The QB is not very big but he's elusive. Buddy Taylor - he accounted for a good portion of their offense as a junior.

A couple of other good offensive weapons back.

But defense they lost nine of their 10 top tacklers. Still this is a bunch that always is solid and will have a very good team. Should be fun!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EastSideJunkie said:

They were 6-5 this season with a young offense. The QB is not very big but he's elusive. Buddy Taylor - he accounted for a good portion of their offense as a junior.

A couple of other good offensive weapons back.

But defense they lost nine of their 10 top tacklers. Still this is a bunch that always is solid and will have a very good team. Should be fun!

Thanks Junkie and I LOVE this game for Male!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like a good pickup for Male.  I love it when the KY teams go out-of-state to play other solid programs, but I'm always curious how games like this come about.  Why John Curtis from all the way down in LA?  Why not go closer and try to play a good team out of Cincy or Indy?  I have to think there is some sort of connection or reasoning for picking up this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this as a tremendous challenge for Male and a win-win situation. Can't get picky with the long bus ride. Likely that most teams have made their schedules for the year by now.

If they can go all the way down to Louisiana and beat a perennial power on their homefield, it speaks volumes. If they lose, it's something to build off of heading into district play and the Old Rivalry. 

I've always been a big fan of creating adversity through your schedule to get ready for a playoff run. Male certainly has done so in 2021. 

Scrimmages with Highlands and BG will show them what they have and where they need to improve. Then @St. X, Trinity, @Manual, and two out-of-state teams? Show me a team in Kentucky with a tougher slate of opponents. Love this schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not furthest they’ve traveled for a game. This is pic of undefeated 1937 Bulldogs in Miami. My grandfather was RB on team and I got this pic out of his scrapbook he made that year.

B9761CF1-EA7E-45D1-BD90-EA5A4F9FBDC2.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Not furthest they’ve traveled for a game. This is pic of undefeated 1937 Bulldogs in Miami. My grandfather was RB on team and I got this pic out of his scrapbook he made that year.

B9761CF1-EA7E-45D1-BD90-EA5A4F9FBDC2.jpeg

 

EA22BCF5-0270-460A-8E1B-B93EA02716CB.jpeg

095013E7-3DA0-41B3-966B-698B9A654C33.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked to a friend of mine familiar with LA sports in general.  He said John Curtis is out of the 9th ward & a “football factory”.  Sounds like this will be a challenging game for Male, but still curious how this game came about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, ForTheH said:

Show me a team in Kentucky with a tougher slate of opponents.

See: Trinity - 2021 Schedule

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.