Colonels_Wear_Blue

Covington Catholic 81 Highlands 65

Cov Cath looked really solid tonight. Great games from Starks and Rylee. Horn is definitely improving from game to game. Stocks had a much improved performance from last night against Trinity. They did a really good job tonight of stopping Vinson - especially in the first half.

The Colonels play Cincy St. X next, with the game this upcoming Tuesday, and they follow that up with an added game against Walton-Verona on Wednesday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Colonels play Cincy St. X next, with the game this upcoming Tuesday, and they follow that up with an added game against Walton-Verona on Wednesday.

At Walton or home in Park Hills?

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

At Walton or home in Park Hills?

I think at Walton, but I'm not positive of that.

• Thanks 1

On Highlands side it was just too much size and not enough 3s.  I have 6 3s made (Muller 2, Herald 2, Kocher 1, Vinson 1).  There was balance in scoring Vinson 22, Muller 10, Harris 9, Barth 8, Kocher 8, Herald 6, and Benke 2.  

I know Cov Cath won by 16pts but Highlands outscored Cov Cath in 2Q 18-13 and in the 4Q 25-24.  Just got to clean up the messes at the beginning of the game (felt like I was watching the Oldham Co game all over again).

We will bounce back, learn, adjust and will hope to meet again!  Until then good luck, that was FUN!

Also, it was a special treat also having the wonderful entertainment of the reigning State Champion Highlands Dance Team as your Halftime enjoyment!

GO BIRDS!

• Like 1

Does anybody have the rebound margin between the teams.  When HHS has an off shooting night, they miss a tough inside thick post player?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bath said:

Does anybody have the rebound margin between the teams.  When HHS has an off shooting night, they miss a tough inside thick post player?

Highlands hasn't reported stats yet, but I'm pretty confident from watching the game that Cov Cath out rebounded them. Cov Cath had 37 rebs tonight.

• Like 1

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school.

Rule 4 reads:

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

I expected a closer game. These teams are not close-Highlands has no answer inside.

Best statements of the night on the broadcast.

He is another one from over the pond.

Where are the kids from Blessed Sacrament and St Pius, we saw them in the JV game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluesport said:

I expected a closer game. These teams are not close-Highlands has no answer inside.

They do have an answer to inside its called shoot better then it felt like 1 for 10 from 3 in the first half...granted I dont know the exact stat but it wasnt pretty to start...cant hit shots then lack of height will be exposed.

2 hours ago, Bluesport said:

Obviously I didn't, given my post in the prediction thread.  

Scott Ruthsatz doesn't get the credit he deserves, and the battle of head coaches in this game is a major advantage for the Colonels.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Obviously I didn't, given my post in the prediction thread.  

Scott Ruthsatz doesn't get the credit he deserves, and the battle of head coaches in this game is a major advantage for the Colonels.  

Is it really?  Or is it roster turnover year over year?