Sign in to follow this  
16thBBall Fan

Auburn 66 Kentucky 59

At this point I say just platoon and start all the older guys. Go with a lineup of:

Mitz

Allen

Brooks

Toppin

Sarr

Then roll with that group as long as you can, if that group struggles. Then just do a straight platoon and see if the freshman lineup can bring a spark off the bench with:

Askew

Boston

Clark/Fletcher

Ware

Jackson

All six of those freshman have started at some point this season. Give them a few minutes and see if they are giving you anything. Then if not, put the older unit right back in. 

Literally have those lineups practice against each other and get use to playing with those set five every day. Hopefully maybe they all could find some chemistry on offense with those set lineups. 

I know that won’t happen, but can’t be worst than this whole mix and match lineups and rotations he keeps throwing out there. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Ridiculous!  Take their heart away and if they are the player they are supposed to be, they will fight even harder, making both themselves and the team better.  If not, you taught them a life lesson, which they will need, because playing basketball at the next level isn't going to work out for them.  I mean, that is what this whole thing is supposed to be about, making the team better and winning games.  

• Like 1

CAL and  his lifetime contract went to his head. He thinks he is KY basketball and it’s  past time for CAL to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

CAL and  his lifetime contract went to his head. He thinks he is KY basketball and it’s  past time for CAL to go. 

One down year and you're ready to move onto other pastures. Hell, even 2013 wouldve made the tournament if Nerlens didn't go down.

It aint gonna be better when Cal is gone. Screenshot this and bring it back up later when I'm wrong but save it somewhere important because you'll be holding onto it for a long time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

I’m not on the the whole it is time for him to go train. He has been here 12 years and this is the first year he truly seems to have gotten it wrong. He has been very successful here doing things a certain way. This year the way he has done things obviously has not worked at all, and as I have even said in this thread has done something’s I don’t agree with either. 

However, he has been successful enough while here to deserve a chance to learn from this year and fix it. This year could be the wake up call needed for him to see that he is going to have to start doing things different. 

Cal is not getting 3-4 out of the top 15 players anymore, then when the couple of highly ranked ones you do get don’t pan out AND you don’t really do a good job coaching them then you have a year like this!!  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Assuming you mean showing them the ropes at Kentucky? I was looking forward to the two grad transfers. I think Mintz lived up to my expectations but Sarr hasn't

I do think missing the exhibitions hurt this team.

Neither has lived up to the Kentucky Standard. and I don't think its their fault, they hadn't witnessed the Beast UK is in person. 

1 hour ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Neither has lived up to the Kentucky Standard. and I don't think its their fault, they hadn't witnessed the Beast UK is in person. 

The Kentucky Standard?  I'm not really sure what that means for a specific individual.  I mean, were people expecting John Wall from Mintz? 

He's been our most consistent performer all year.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this