Jump to content
16thBBall Fan

Alabama 85 Kentucky 65

Recommended Posts

Final the Cats take one step forward and two steps back tonight. This is Bama's first win in 15 years at Rupp.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a beat down. Offensively UK couldn’t do anything, and defensively Bama basically was able to do whatever they wanted. 
 

Usually this would be a good learning opportunity, since for a new team playing against this style the first time can be tough. However, with how bad of a start UK had to this year. UK doesn’t have the luxury to have anymore learning experiences in losses. 
 

The slight room for error UK had for this year, just for a little smaller with this type of lost. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

That was a beat down. Offensively UK couldn’t do anything, and defensively Bama basically was able to do whatever they wanted. 
 

Usually this would be a good learning opportunity, since for a new team playing against this style the first time can be tough. However, with how bad of a start UK had to this year. UK doesn’t have the luxury to have anymore learning experiences in losses. 
 

The slight room for error UK had for this year, just for a little smaller with this type of lost. 

You know how you always reference OSU getting beat down under Meyer and how we saw many cracks in the foundation?  Does that apply here, or not yet?  Where are we at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Well.... Saturday was fun!

Pretty much. 

Pretty lousy performance on both ends.  Vitale was spot on with regard to the terrible defensive effort.  Open layups, 3's, & help defense was non-existent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 assists and 19 turnovers is not a recipe for success.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

At Rupp? Sheesh...

Not sure that means much during the season of Covid, except to the fans.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brooks was trying to do too much, the rest of the team was non aggressive and borderline complacent.  Ware should have gotten more minutes. He is physical every time he is on the court and UK was severely lacking that last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calipari is going to have to adjust his recruiting strategy and offensive strategy.  Times are changing and Cal is still rolling with his terrible offensive scheme, year after year, barely making any changes.  AS a recruit, would you rather go to Bama/Auburn and play in their offense or come to UK and play the boring, non-existent offense we have.  Get some shooters first and foremost.  Allen is a perfect example of what some shooters can do when they are making shots.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked like Ky didn’t even have a scouting report!! Bama is not that hard to figure out, three point barrage with very little to no inside presence. NO effort to stop transition or close out on shooters. Very poor preparation and a basic embarrassment to Ky basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nikeman49 said:

Looked like Ky didn’t even have a scouting report!! Bama is not that hard to figure out, three point barrage with very little to no inside presence. NO effort to stop transition or close out on shooters. Very poor preparation and a basic embarrassment to Ky basketball.

Oh, I think they had a scouting report. Just not the skill set to defend it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Oh, I think they had a scouting report. Just not the skill set to defend it.

How about not the heart to defend it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John Anthony said:

You know how you always reference OSU getting beat down under Meyer and how we saw many cracks in the foundation?  Does that apply here, or not yet?  Where are we at?

Not exactly the same. Considering that was happening at OSU even with kids that Meyer has had for a few years. Cal literally only has two guys on this team that play that was with him last year. So if very well could just be a bad roster construction like the 2013 NIT team (which does fall on him) Especially since two guys who were suppose to be studs in Boston and Clark have not even been close to that. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.