PurplePride92

Is Highlands still a top job?

All of this talk about being HC and AD. Can someone confirm or deny that part of the reason Chris Wolfe is not currently the HC is because he either hinted or straight up asked for the AD job?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NKYCoach859 said:

I am only inquiring, not making an assumption, but does anyone know how many coaches in NKY applied for the job? All I have heard is one but granted I have no inside knowledge. Could that be telling if Coach Lickert is the only coach that applied/interviewed? Again, just bringing up the topic of conversation, not insinuating anything.

According to the list on BGP, Lickert and maybe, Barth, are the only NKY coaches who applied.  

5 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

All of this talk about being HC and AD. Can someone confirm or deny that part of the reason Chris Wolfe is not currently the HC is because he either hinted or straight up asked for the AD job?

Like I was alluding to before, I'm sure it was about money and not actually being the AD. 

14 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Yep. And he was a Highlands guy who didn't give the time of day to the middle school league coaches and players. BW hardly gave the time of day to a lot of his assistant coaching staff too. Simple answer, they had a deep-down Highlands guy but not the right deep-down Highlands guy.

And you are completely wrong!!  

Gave access to their clinic pass, invited them to Saturday films (think Roller may have been only one to attend), open practices, did all the meetings FTJFL Pres asked him to attend, provided all information to them as requested, talked a lot with Nevels regarding training, invited 8th grade teams to pre-game activities with team.......

As for his staff, ALWAYS in communication with the staff!!  Long tenure staff, so not sure ignoring them would have caused them to stay.  He didn’t overtake the freshman program because he wanted freshman coaches to have freedom to run their program, but he was available at any time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluebird99 said:

Gave access to their clinic pass, invited them to Saturday films (think Roller may have been only one to attend), open practices, did all the meetings FTJFL Pres asked him to attend, provided all information to them as requested, talked a lot with Nevels regarding training, invited 8th grade teams to pre-game activities with team.......

As for his staff, ALWAYS in communication with the staff!!  Long tenure staff, so not sure ignoring them would have caused them to stay.  He didn’t overtake the freshman program because he wanted freshman coaches to have freedom to run their program, but he was available at any time. 

Love Nevels and I have had the honor of training with him some. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluebird99 said:

gave access to their clinic pass, invited them to Saturday films (think Roller may have been only one to attend), open practices, did all the meetings FTJFL Pres asked him to attend, provided all information to them as requested, talked a lot with Nevels regarding training, invited 8th grade teams to pre-game activities with team.......

as for his staff, ALWAYS in communication with the staff!!  Long tenure staff, so not sure ignoring them would have caused them to stay.  He didn’t overtake the freshman program because he wanted freshman coaches to have freedom to run their program, but he was available at any time. 

The newly ex Highlands staffers tell folks around NKY a different story. Including long tenured staff.

Just now, theguru said:

He is a great guy!!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Nevels will change a body type!  Serious workers only need to apply.  😂 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Always three sides to every story. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Always three sides to every story. 

Yes there is!  Lol

18 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Weinrich was not around the youth teams, 3rd thru 8th. That’s a fact. Ask any player, coach or parent how many times they’ve talked to him. Please. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigErn said:

Weinrich was not around the youth teams, 3rd thru 8th. That’s a fact. Ask any player, coach or parent how many times they’ve talked to him. Please. 

There it is.

21 minutes ago, BigErn said:

I do not know the answer.  I’m sure probably more than most want to think or know about.  But, it honestly doesn’t matter going forward. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

The way I understand set up for Coach Wallace at St. X is in morning he is a substitute teacher and/or lunch room monitor and after lunch to do all football stuff. To me, this seems ideal setup for a football coach.

I believe he retired at BG. If so drawing KTRS pension? Much easier to be flexible in Catholic HS than public.  Been there done so.

• Like 1

I believe one or two of the NKY teams that defeated the Birds this year had HCs who were also their schools AD.