Jump to content
theguru

Why did Eddie James jilt Highlands?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

LOL. I would say no for any kids, especially as young as his are. 

If it were me and I had already had the conversations with my family and we had already agreed that I would take the job, I'm taking the job.

So hypothetically if that is what happened here, I still do not agree with how he did it. 

You have a much more understanding significant other and family than some. That possibly could be a recipe for a disaster. Being a coaches wife is hard enough. Being a coach and especially a HC is almost impossible without your significant other being fully onboard. If they aren’t someone is either jumping ship or getting thrown overboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barrel said:

You have a much more understanding significant other and family than some. That possibly could be a recipe for a disaster. Being a coaches wife is hard enough. Being a coach and especially a HC is almost impossible without your significant other being fully onboard. If they aren’t someone is either jumping ship or getting thrown overboard. 

I hear what you are saying. I would expect my significant other to speak up BEFORE I accepted the job. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDeuce said:

I hear what you are saying. I would expect my significant other to speak up BEFORE I accepted the job. 

I think we all would. I’m not saying this is the case but there are a couple of things that make me wonder. 
 

The whole hire thing got scooped. Between at least one article, social media and message boards word got out. I wonder what effect if any it had on things. The guy wanted time and then everything was all over the place. He might of not even had a chance to tell players/staff yet. So if family was kind of on the fence it might rushed a decision for them. 
 

Your significant other thinks they can do it. Then you come for the press conference. See things. Meet people. Then realize either this isn’t for you or you can’t do it. Being there just drove it home or something along those lines. Maybe everyone should of made a trip. I don’t know how you test out the people though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I hear what you are saying. I would expect my significant other to speak up BEFORE I accepted the job. 

Whatever was the tipping point, I think it's only logical to assume it happened after he accepted the job. 

I guess it's good for the Patriots that Bill Belichick doesn't share the same decision making  process as the Deuce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To address the thread topic, I also heard that "money and family" were an issue.  Specifically, there may have been a tuition disagreement for Coach James' children and uncertainly regarding Coach James'  wife and her employment in NKY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Whatever was the tipping point, I think it's only logical to assume it happened after he accepted the job. 

Until we know what exactly happened (we won't ever know that), all we can do is speculate. As it stands, it's my opinion this was an extremely bad look for EJ. For his sake, if he ever decides to move on from FC, others who actually matter won't share my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, theguru said:

To address the thread topic, I also heard that "money and family" were an issue.  Specifically, there may have been a tuition disagreement for Coach James' children and uncertainly regarding Coach James'  wife and her employment in NKY.

The employment thing I get because it’s difficult to just make jobs. The tuition thing though? Really like if that was a factor that is a red flag and that assuming I am understanding it correctly. That statement makes it sound as if Ft Thomas school district wouldn’t waive tuition fees for the HC’s children. Of all the obstacles one might face that is the easiest to fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

LOL. I would say no for any kids, especially as young as his are. 

If it were me and I had already had the conversations with my family and we had already agreed that I would take the job, I'm taking the job.

So hypothetically if that is what happened here, I still do not agree with how he did it. 

 

25 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Until we know what exactly happened (we won't ever know that), all we can do is speculate. As it stands, it's my opinion this was an extremely bad look for EJ. For his sake, if he ever decides to move on from FC, others who actually matter won't share my opinion. 

We know your stance! You seem very personally hurt by it.. For me personally I haven't spoke to a coach or a player who didn't get it.. if 16 year olds understand surely some of us adults can move forward?! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

 

We know your stance! You seem very personally hurt by it.. For me personally I haven't spoke to a coach or a player who didn't get it.. if 16 year olds understand surely some of us adults can move forward?! 

You may be new here, this is a discussion board. The whole idea is we talk about things. There's a thread on it, so I'm discussing it. 

I've spoken to several coaches and several players who feel exactly the same way I do. See how that works?

If you don't like my opinion, that's a you problem... 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deuce is right, BGP is an Open Forum (Terms of Service always apply).

The fact that we disagree with each other on a multitude of topics is what makes BGP fun. 

With all that said, we always need to stick to the issues and not each other. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole affair seems like a bunch of amateurs - ON BOTH SIDES - doing what amateurs do and not crossing i's and dotting t's the way big boys and girls do. I mean there really is no reason for something like this to happen. Egg on faces on both sides regardless of what your opinions or defenses are of either side...which is why you don't let something like this happen. 

I would imagine both sides have learned very valuable lessons over the last week and those mistakes won't be made again. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

 

We know your stance! You seem very personally hurt by it.. For me personally I haven't spoke to a coach or a player who didn't get it.. if 16 year olds understand surely some of us adults can move forward?! 

There is too much common sense in this statement...it doesn't belong here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

The whole affair seems like a bunch of amateurs - ON BOTH SIDES - doing what amateurs do and not crossing i's and dotting t's the way big boys and girls do. I mean there really is no reason for something like this to happen. Egg on faces on both sides regardless of what your opinions or defenses are of either side...which is why you don't let something like this happen. 

I would imagine both sides have learned very valuable lessons over the last week and those mistakes won't be made again. 

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, theguru said:

To address the thread topic, I also heard that "money and family" were an issue.  Specifically, there may have been a tuition disagreement for Coach James' children and uncertainly regarding Coach James'  wife and her employment in NKY.

If that was the case; that should have been ironed out before acceptance?  I can’t imagined that was not discussed.  Assistant coaches on the other hand and funds another animal.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the big picture is that HHS should be glad the problem came to light now rather than 2-3 years down the road.     Few people will remember this episode once the new coach is in place.    It's not that big of deal in the whole scheme of things.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   1 member



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.