Jump to content
TCHSRaider

Open Job: Trimble County

Recommended Posts

Trimble Co. posted the job today. Unknown why the school chose to go in a different direction, completely rebuilding after the program shutdown two years ago. They were 1-7 last year.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do they start district play again? What district are they in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy said:

When do they start district play again? What district are they in?

They will be in district play (playoff eligible) for the upcoming 2021 season. Things have shifted around a bit since they were last in the KHSAA district alignment, with CAL and DeSales both having moved up to 3A. Beechwood moved up into 2A, but that was offset by New Cath moving down to 1A.

Looking at districts as they are currently aligned, my best guess is that the has KHSAA probably just added Trimble back into 2A District 5 as a sixth team for the 2021 and 2022 seasons, along with Gallatin County, Walton-Verona, Carroll County, Owen County and Shawnee.

Once the classes are re-aligned for 2023-2026, assuming none of the teams in District 5 or District 6 move up or down in classification, I think we may possibly see Walton-Verona shifting into 2A District 6 to make a five-team district along with Beechwood, Newport, Lloyd Memorial and Covington Holy Cross, and then District 5 will also be a five-team district with Trimble County, Carroll County, Owen County, Gallatin County, and Shawnee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a lot of good points! That could be a good district for them restarting the program. Seems to be several teams they played already, travel isn’t to bad...and most importantly I think no games that will be just an absolute mismatch every year down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoodOleBoy said:

You have a lot of good points! That could be a good district for them restarting the program. Seems to be several teams they played already, travel isn’t to bad...and most importantly I think no games that will be just an absolute mismatch every year down the road. 

While ineligible for the postseason, Trimble County did play four of the five district opponents last season:

-Shawnee (Won 14-6)

-Gallatin County (Lost 34-14)

-Owen County (Lost 33-14)

-Carroll County (Lost 60-0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

While ineligible for the postseason, Trimble County did play four of the five district opponents last season:

-Shawnee (Won 14-6)

-Gallatin County (Lost 34-14)

-Owen County (Lost 33-14)

-Carroll County (Lost 60-0)

Shawnee game was a good game for the Raiders, watched the live stream of the second half, really pounded the ball up the middle and saw glimpses that we were improving from their JV season.

Gallatin was a game where we got to see an explosive JT Wilcoxson take over the offense and really elevated their play. Pass coverage that night was horrible and think they scored on same play 3 times, along with a blocked punt recovered in the endzone. The future looked bright that night for Raiders.

Owen was just a downfall of a night. Think the Raiders ended up at their 4th or 5th string QB because of injuries. Definitely showed their resilence to finish and put up 14 with backup QB.

Carroll was just miserable to watch, started out great with a 60 yard gain on a dump pass then Carroll got aggressive and ball game went south. Definitely added a sour note when former Head Coach of the Raiders was just laying it on them in the second half. Numbers and talent played a huge factor, but Carroll never took out starters. 

Overall not a bad season being in their second year but was definitely discouraged watching the final two games. Hoping whoever takes over the program can help the Raiders beat some district rivals, last win against the the other 3 (not Shawnee) was the 2014 Season against Owen. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When trying to rebuild the program, with numbers down, and losing several games I’m sure the moral of the kids was down. Could explain the poor showings later in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

When trying to rebuild the program, with numbers down, and losing several games I’m sure the moral of the kids was down. Could explain the poor showings later in the year. 

I agree. I'm obviously not in any kind of position to make any decisions here, but if I was, I think I would have just waited on getting back into district play until the KHSAA officially realigns in 2023. Trimble County has already shown in recent years that they struggle to keep the interest of enough players for a team...which is why they had to put their football team in mothballs. So why not stick with a couple more seasons where they can schedule and play whomever they want?

Keep a few JV teams on your schedule so the kids on your team can enjoy winning a couple-few more games each year instead of taking a 60-0 shellacking from Carroll County. And Walton-Verona isn't going to go any better than the Carroll County game did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TCHSRaider said:

Overall not a bad season being in their second year but was definitely discouraged watching the final two games. Hoping whoever takes over the program can help the Raiders beat some district rivals, last win against the the other 3 (not Shawnee) was the 2014 Season against Owen. 

I understand the discouragement but by the end of this season I'm sure everyone was pretty much ready to be done. The scores/descriptions against Shawnee, Owen, and Gallatin make me think that Trimble is headed in the right direction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I agree. I'm obviously not in any kind of position to make any decisions here, but if I was, I think I would have just waited on getting back into district play until the KHSAA officially realigns in 2023. Trimble County has already shown in recent years that they struggle to keep the interest of enough players for a team...which is why they had to put their football team in mothballs. So why not stick with a couple more seasons where they can schedule and play whomever they want?

Keep a few JV teams on your schedule so the kids on your team can enjoy winning a couple-few more games each year instead of taking a 60-0 shellacking from Carroll County. And Walton-Verona isn't going to go any better than the Carroll County game did.

While I get your point, based on the current schedule it looks like Walton-Verona is the only district team Trimble County wasn't playing. If you're going to play all but one, go ahead and play WV, then schedule competitive opponents in the non-district. Trying to schedule non-district games late in the season is difficult and your options might be limited, which could lead to dispiriting losses. Plus, a win over one district opponent could set up a later district game with playoffs on the line. Even if you know you'll lose the first round game, putting kids in a win-and-you're-in position late in the regular season can build confidence and enthusiasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.