Jump to content
Sportsguy10

Predictions for next years Cov Cath team? Next man up.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

I'll put my money on Pitzer. Already 6’4 165. Throws a baseball around 80 MPH. The kid is a stud. Add the Eddie factor his potential is through the roof. Again what a great problem to have. Several studs.

QB BATTLE:

Pitzer

Hoyt (probably spelled wrong)

Transfer?

The Def will better then last year!

**more speed an athleticism 

Adam Holtz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Adam Holtz

Yeah Holtz. Thanks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Adam Holtz

Holtz is a going to a really good defensive player next year. He was good this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

Holtz is a going to a really good defensive player next year. He was good this year. 

Man I butchered that line. Holtz is going to be really good defensive player next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 8:55 AM, Sportsguy10 said:

Agee? What’s  he play

Sorry about that. I didn't have a chance to hop back on here but like CCHFC said, Agee primarily played DB and receiver at Campbell. Probably more accurate to call him an 'athlete'. Started at QB in a couple of Campbell's games last year. Took snaps in most of their games. Top scorer on the team, 54 of their 131 points in the '20 season.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Sorry about that. I didn't have a chance to hop back on here but like CCHFC said, Agee primarily played DB and receiver at Campbell. Probably more accurate to call him an 'athlete'. Started at QB in a couple of Campbell's games last year. Took snaps in most of their games. Top scorer on the team, 54 of their 131 points in the '20 season.

He's a nice athlete. My guess is you'll see him and Benke on the outside and Zion in the slot with some younger guys rotating in a bit and Rodriguez at TE (even though they play a bunch of guys there like Jones, Wilson and Sullivan). I am a BIG fan of that group for whoever ends up at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, CCHFC said:

He's a nice athlete. My guess is you'll see him and Benke on the outside and Zion in the slot with some younger guys rotating in a bit and Rodriguez at TE (even though they play a bunch of guys there like Jones, Wilson and Sullivan). I am a BIG fan of that group for whoever ends up at QB. 

Your saying the Rodriquez kid is going to start over the other 3 TE’s from last year that return? From reading some of these posts I think there is some highly unrealistic expectations that the many Soph’s to be will starting next year. That’s not to take away from anyone from this years Freshman team, but it’s a big jump, especially size wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

 

Your saying the Rodriquez kid is going to start over the other 3 TE’s from last year that return? From reading some of these posts I think there is some highly unrealistic expectations that the many Soph’s to be will starting next year. That’s not to take away from anyone from this years Freshman team, but it’s a big jump, especially size wise. 

I agree. I am close to the incoming Junior and Sophomore class, and as much as I think of that Frosh class I don't see anyone taking TE snaps from Wilson or Sullivan....they are both men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CCHFC said:

He's a nice athlete. My guess is you'll see him and Benke on the outside and Zion in the slot with some younger guys rotating in a bit and Rodriguez at TE (even though they play a bunch of guys there like Jones, Wilson and Sullivan). I am a BIG fan of that group for whoever ends up at QB. 

That's a lot of weapons for the next QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

I agree. I am close to the incoming Junior and Sophomore class, and as much as I think of that Frosh class I don't see anyone taking TE snaps from Wilson or Sullivan....they are both men. 

Speed kills! We NEED speed. So we will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

I agree. I am close to the incoming Junior and Sophomore class, and as much as I think of that Frosh class I don't see anyone taking TE snaps from Wilson or Sullivan....they are both men. 

I agree. And to be clear, my point isn’t to take anything away from the frosh class. With being close with  parents of several Juniors to be, there was a lot of high hopes of this years several sophs starting and getting a lot of playing time... which led to some unhappy parents once they realized how tough it is to play significant minutes as a underclassmen at CCH.  Obviously it can and does happen at times, as with Jones this year, but is by no means a given. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Speed kills! We NEED speed. So we will see. 

Speed is great, we had plenty last year at the WR spot, just didn’t get the ball them/ catch it consistently. The RB spot is another story, though we did have injuries there this past season that was a factor. And I think Zion will be a big lift on the outside next year. If the Rodriquez kid has that level of speed I’m sure he’ll play some wr, I’ve heard good things about him. But the TE in addition to catching passes actually blocks more often, going up against DL and LB’s. I think earlier in this or another thread someone said the kid is 6’2” and 160lbs.  Sullivan, Jones, and Wilson are all 6’2” or taller and all over 215lbs.
 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueKernels said:

Speed is great, we had plenty last year at the WR spot, just didn’t get the ball them/ catch it consistently. The RB spot is another story, though we did have injuries there this past season that was a factor. And I think Zion will be a big lift on the outside next year. If the Rodriquez kid has that level of speed I’m sure he’ll play some wr, I’ve heard good things about him. But the TE in addition to catching passes actually blocks more often, going up against DL and LB’s. I think earlier in this or another thread someone said the kid is 6’2” and 160lbs.  Sullivan, Jones, and Wilson are all 6’2” or taller and all over 215lbs.
 

 


 

Listen it’s a great problem to have. I don’t care who Eddie picks just pick the best that will help us execute. Eddie will have athletes to pick from. 
I hope all these kids are working their tails off. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Speed is great, we had plenty last year at the WR spot, just didn’t get the ball them/ catch it consistently. The RB spot is another story, though we did have injuries there this past season that was a factor. And I think Zion will be a big lift on the outside next year. If the Rodriquez kid has that level of speed I’m sure he’ll play some wr, I’ve heard good things about him. But the TE in addition to catching passes actually blocks more often, going up against DL and LB’s. I think earlier in this or another thread someone said the kid is 6’2” and 160lbs.  Sullivan, Jones, and Wilson are all 6’2” or taller and all over 215lbs.
 

 


 

With Jones frame, he should be at least 225 next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.