Purple88

Bowling Green vs. Owensboro Predictions/Updates (5A State Championship)

Who Wins this game?  

95 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 05:00 PM

11 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Valid point yourself. I won’t sell the BG D short, if Owensboro can’t score, none of this will matter. This unit reminds me of the Coach Griff defenses back in the early 2010’s, and for those wondering, they were an absolute nightmare. 

Spader and his defensive staff has done a Great job since 2013! I loved playing for both coaches during my tenure. (Griff and Spader)

Edited by PhenomxX
Needed more
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, PhenomxX said:

Spader and his defensive staff has done a Great job since 2013! 

Dont undersell it. They are doing phenomenal. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Dont undersell it. They are doing phenomenal. 

Lol y’all don’t wanna see a grown man gush, so imma keep it minimal. I love the family atmosphere around the program. From a starter to a bench player everyone is included.

• Like 3

If anyone gets up to Lexington early tomorrow, come by KSBar for the pregame show, starting at 11 eastern time/10 central time.  We'll be on for an hour to break it all down from the Owensboro prospective.  While we will all lean Owensboro, there is tremendous respect for BG as well.  If you have got to listen to any of the shows this week, Bowling Green has been well represented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

If anyone gets up to Lexington early tomorrow, come by KSBar for the pregame show, starting at 11 eastern time/10 central time.  We'll be on for an hour to break it all down from the Owensboro prospective.  While we will all lean Owensboro, there is tremendous respect for BG as well.  If you have got to listen to any of the shows this week, Bowling Green has been well represented.

@ApolloFan98 You guys have an archive for those who may have missed said shows?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Might gotta pull up in my Joe Prince costume.. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BillNye said:

@ApolloFan98 You guys have an archive for those who may have missed said shows?

They are all posted on the Owensboro Radio App under the podcast tab.  Lots of Bluegrass Preps discussion.  I would highly encourage Tuesday and Wednesday's shows!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

Might gotta pull up in my Joe Prince costume.. 

I'm going to miss this thread next week....  Laughing...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I'm going to miss this thread next week....  Laughing...

I was just thinking the same.  Breaking this game down all week and hearing everyone's respectful opinions has been a lot of fun.  It's been a while since I have seen hype like this for a Western Kentucky game.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Brown said:

@Purplepride fair point.  I've seen both 1st hand.  The main difference to me for Daviess and BG on offense is Humphries is a D1 guy - absolute cannon of an arm and great wheels to boot.  Both have great backs.  Bunton and Parm are both great - but Parm would be extremely successful lining up as a purple.  Again BG presents different challenges here the exception is Dingle.   The big difference for me is Humphries would make BG unbelievable.  His worst game that I personally saw was against McCracken, he was just missing several big passes that against Owensboro and Henderson he didn't miss.  

Daviess played Owensboro, McCracken, Henderson twice.  So I agree BG with the better schedule, but DC can score in bunches.

Humphries in 7 games:

1577 yards and 21 TD's passing

483 yards and 7 TD's rushing

He will continue to get more offers going into his senior season.

I think if you ask BG.. I don’t think they’d trade Cooper for Humphries in a million years. Sometimes it’s way more than a cannon that makes the team gel and become the beast that they are. To hear the chatter from the team and the fans.. Cooper brings all of that.. Including the hard, dig-down -deep grit about him. He don’t put his teammates down, he encourages them to get better. I’ve never seen him come off the field even yelling at his center for multiple bad snaps ( not to say he didn’t get in his ear) but there’s just respect from his teammates that you can feel from our sideline.  Again, it takes more than a cannon on a QB to make a team unbelievable. They have to want to play for you too.   I just hate to hear that being said when a kid has led his team to a state final!  I believe if Cooper would have focused on football rather than basketball, his offers would be running off the books as well. He’s never even attended a camp. RARE for a QB in such a top notch program!! 

Any insight on the officiating from today?!?! How has it been? Pretty fair? Have they been flag happy or letting the boys play a little? 

Game day is here!

Everyone going to the game be safe and have fun!

Hope the broadcast holds up with no issues.

Sticking with my prediction of BG 28-14.

Purples can't turn the ball over and Cooper must play well and BG will get the victory.

Let's go!

• Like 2