theguru

Open Job: Highlands

2 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Will this thread hit 70 pages by Monday or Tuesday?

It depends on any further announcements from the big FT. 

53 minutes ago, 9068 said:

It depends on any further announcements from the big FT. 

Or leaks...

Anyone know where Dale has been at during this whole process ?

I haven’t heard his name once.

10 hours ago, bulldog77 said:

Coach stipends have implications on more than just other coach's salaries.  There are Title IX issues involved, general budgeting and others.  Some of you are correct in stating this isn't college.  And the booster money some are suggesting might be even more closely monitored than the general fund money for just these kind of reasons.  There's this thing in public schools called "Red Book" that governs all expenditures and it doesn't compromise.

No it doesn't !!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Fishing with BigE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

If he wasn't part of the search committee, then that will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in this whole process!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

If he wasn't part of the search committee, then that will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in this whole process!

Yep you are spot on. He recommended the last coach...and?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Where was Dale the last 5 years when he was asked to assist and help out? I will hang up and listen!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Where was Dale the last 5 years when he was asked to assist and help out? I will hang up and listen!

Do you have proof he was asked, I heard that no one reached out to him....he felt like the school wanted to move on without him.  First time anyone reached out to him was Summer of 2019 and that was the FTJFL to do a summer clinic on Monday nights.

10 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Do you have proof he was asked, I heard that no one reached out to him....he felt like the school wanted to move on without him.  First time anyone reached out to him was Summer of 2019 and that was the FTJFL to do a summer clinic on Monday nights.

Well Frank, welcome to BGP. 
 Sounds like you might know a couple things that you want to share, please feel free to spill enlighten us with some facts.

Is there any actual movement of finding a new coach? Things seem a bit stagnant since Coach James withdrew. Are they still accepting applicants? Has the committee met to review previous interviewees. From my understanding the AD is now conducting zoom meetings with the returning players.

24 minutes ago, Lions Paw said:

Is there any actual movement of finding a new coach? Things seem a bit stagnant since Coach James withdrew. Are they still accepting applicants? Has the committee met to review previous interviewees. From my understanding the AD is now conducting zoom meetings with the returning players.

The whole thing seems strange. You would've thought when James left, they would've called up the next in line and made the offer. Hoping this ends soon with a decent option remaining.

38 minutes ago, OldCamelNewBird said:

The whole thing seems strange. You would've thought when James left, they would've called up the next in line and made the offer. Hoping this ends soon with a decent option remaining.

Wait, is someone saying they haven’t even started the process back up. Whoa! I guess we’ll be waiting a few more weeks. 

23 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Wait, is someone saying they haven’t even started the process back up. Whoa! I guess we’ll be waiting a few more weeks. 

Been sidetracked fundraising for Wolfe......

1 hour ago, OldCamelNewBird said:

Maybe they're trying to patch the leak.