Jump to content
theguru

Open Job: Highlands

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, observerbynature said:

Alright, now you guys are killing me.  Man I'm going to embarrass myself with this, but there's this king, Joffrey, who is probably one of the most hated characters in TV history.  Just cruel, stupid and a terrible, terrible person.  But he's king.  Then there's his grandfather who is kind of like the chief of staff and is the one who actually runs things and people obey.  The king has this habit of constantly announcing he's king and his grandfather points out that any real king shouldn't have to constantly tell people that.  Now sit down and shut up and I'll go win this war for you.   I can only assume that is the scenario that Don is hinting at.  

Not following.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, observerbynature said:

Alright, now you guys are killing me.  Man I'm going to embarrass myself with this, but there's this king, Joffrey, who is probably one of the most hated characters in TV history.  Just cruel, stupid and a terrible, terrible person.  But he's king.  Then there's his grandfather who is kind of like the chief of staff and is the one who actually runs things and people obey.  The king has this habit of constantly announcing he's king and his grandfather points out that any real king shouldn't have to constantly tell people that.  Now sit down and shut up and I'll go win this war for you.   I can only assume that is the scenario that Don is hinting at.  

I hear the principal stepped in and announced he's principal, like you're alluding, and laid down the law about one of the interviewees.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, observerbynature said:

Alright, now you guys are killing me.  Man I'm going to embarrass myself with this, but there's this king, Joffrey, who is probably one of the most hated characters in TV history.  Just cruel, stupid and a terrible, terrible person.  But he's king.  Then there's his grandfather who is kind of like the chief of staff and is the one who actually runs things and people obey.  The king has this habit of constantly announcing he's king and his grandfather points out that any real king shouldn't have to constantly tell people that.  Now sit down and shut up and I'll go win this war for you.   I can only assume that is the scenario that Don is hinting at.  

Careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 6:46 PM, Weasbird91 said:

Other teachers and coaches aren’t in positions that Make money that pays for MANY other programs throughout the school. This is a business decision as much as any and should be treated as such.

Would think they didn't make much this season with limited crowds right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 9068 said:

Would think they didn't make much this season with limited crowds right? 

Yep, people will always blame the limited crowds for the reason Highlands football  has not been getting donations and alumni support of years past.

Just a reminder to those that have forgotten the reality that football and its revenue is still King and the cash cow at Highlands. All sports not named football should be in full support of an over the top hire to restore business as usual in Ft Thomas. JMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would someone like Jason Lynch be a candidate for this position?  Worked under Dale and if I recall correctly called the offense the year Highlands won a state title when Dale was away for a death in the family.

Has Jeff Barth applied for the position?  Did he get an interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Would someone like Jason Lynch be a candidate for this position?  Worked under Dale and if I recall correctly called the offense the year Highlands won a state title when Dale was away for a death in the family.

Has Jeff Barth applied for the position?  Did he get an interview?

Jason Lynch is a fantastic coach. It's a shame he left the program.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Yep, people will always blame the limited crowds for the reason Highlands football  has not been getting donations and alumni support of years past.

Just a reminder to those that have forgotten the reality that football and its revenue is still King and the cash cow at Highlands. All sports not named football should be in full support of an over the top hire to restore business as usual in Ft Thomas. JMO

With the “lacking” of donations because of football, what exactly have the academics and athletics gone without?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Yep, people will always blame the limited crowds for the reason Highlands football  has not been getting donations and alumni support of years past.

Just a reminder to those that have forgotten the reality that football and its revenue is still King and the cash cow at Highlands. All sports not named football should be in full support of an over the top hire to restore business as usual in Ft Thomas. JMO

Wasn't blaming limited crowds for anything. Just wondering. But, since you mentioned it your "over the top hire"  went over the top. Always seemed to me that HHS coaching staffs had really good working relationships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did Coach Lynch end up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, barrel said:

Where did Coach Lynch end up?

I believe I was told either Anderson or Turpin across the river.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, barrel said:

Where did Coach Lynch end up?

Believe he is at Anderson or Turpin.  My kids say nothing but good things about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I believe I was told either Anderson or Turpin across the river.

 

Just now, Jack of all Trades said:

Believe he is at Anderson or Turpin.  My kids say nothing but good things about him.

Jinx!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that might be a hire that isn’t a typical hire for HHS but be a really good one. I don’t know how many of the boxes he checks which is what makes it atypical. Sometimes that’s the best ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.