theguru

Open Job: Highlands

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am not saying you guys are wrong but I have had more than one person tell me Highlands is already talking to Wolfe again and offering him more money.  Maybe it is just rumor, who knows...

Even more money could get potentially difficult with the other sports’ coaches & teachers.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Even more money could get potentially difficult with the other sports’ coaches & teachers.  

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Just now, BrosefStalin said:

Gotta be Lickert’s job now right? 

Unless they offer Wolfe too much money to turn down I still like Coach Bathiany. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

You’d have to get pretty creative because it’s a lot harder to find/give money to coaches then it used to be. So unless it’s coming externally for external services it next to impossible. 

16 minutes ago, barrel said:

You’d have to get pretty creative because it’s a lot harder to find/give money to coaches then it used to be. So unless it’s coming externally for external services it next to impossible. 

Creative and Fort Thomas!  I am thinking not a problem. 

It will still need to be external. External is also harder to guarantee and puts the coach/program at the whims of others. I’m not sure how creative the actual school/school system is in this endeavor. 

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

My understanding is that hiring Chris Wolfe is off the table.

Tried to tell them he wasn’t coming. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, barrel said:

It will still need to be external. External is also harder to guarantee and puts the coach/program at the whims of others. I’m not sure how creative the actual school/school system is in this endeavor. 

You know better than me barrel but all I keep hearing from multiple sources in multiple forms is Wolfe Money, Money Wolfe, Mo Money, Mo Wolfe, Mo Money Wolfe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barrel said:

I'm assuming you would consider booster funds as "external," correct? I've got no insider information (aside from about a billion text messages and Facebook messages that have Chris Wolfe's name mentioned,) but supposing the Highlands Football Boosters could guarantee some money to add to the pot for Coach Wolfe, would that meet your definition of the money coming externally?

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Tried to tell them he wasn’t coming. 🤷🏽‍♂️

You were definitely right last time but this time Wolfe is the only "save face" outcome for Highlands.  Any other hire will be looked down upon like a 3rd or 4th choice.  That is very unfair but reality. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

You were definitely right last time but this time Wolfe is the only "save face" outcome for Highlands.  Any other hire will be looked down upon like a 3rd or 4th choice.  That is very unfair but reality. 

I’ve always gotten the feeling from Wolfe that he wants people to kiss his behind. If that’s what Highlands wants to do, that’s on them I suppose. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Other teachers and coaches aren’t in positions that Make money that pays for MANY other programs throughout the school. This is a business decision as much as any and should be treated as such.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I am not saying you guys are wrong but I have had more than one person tell me Highlands is already talking to Wolfe again and offering him more money.  Maybe it is just rumor, who knows...

Where is the money coming from?

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve always gotten the feeling from Wolfe that he wants people to kiss his behind. If that’s what Highlands wants to do, that’s on them I suppose. 

I doubt the AD and Principal will do that but who knows.