Open Job: Highlands

On 12/24/2020 at 9:47 PM, barrel said:

I’m just wanting to make sure I’m understanding your post. So you believe/wanted someone to come in and just do what Mueller did? Just do everything the same way just change the person in charge? 

I agree that it more than likely will take three or so years to get on track. Now you might get lucky and it turn around faster but I think that would be the exception. 

I also liked to make it clear I was not knocking Coach Barth in anyway. I think he is an excellent coach. I just used him as an example of an excellent coach that doesn’t meet to criteria it appears of some fans. 

I find the idea of Lickert being polarizing interesting. I know he has very high standards/expectations. I think if he was going to get a shot this might be his best chance. 

Sorry, but I am not following your response. You are giving me way too much credit on being smart enough to read between the lines. 

Iam not real sure where or why you are going with all this but allow me  to be crystal clear, Sweeperboy never used Lickert name or Barth name or referenced either  anywhere in this thread or discussion so help me understand what you are trying to suggest or say. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes to Coach Brian Weinrich. Wonderful person and outstanding football coach. 

Highlands hasn't been the same since the cannon has been gone.  We've figured it out.  #BringBackTheCannon

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Sorry, but I am not following your response. You are giving me way too much credit on being smart enough to read between the lines. 

Iam not real sure where or why you are going with all this but allow me  to be crystal clear, Sweeperboy never used Lickert name or Barth name or referenced either  anywhere in this thread or discussion so help me understand what you are trying to suggest or say. 

Since Sweeperboy brought it up, if Sweeperboy was thinking about new football coaches at Highlands what would Sweeperboy think about Coach Lickert and Coach Barth? 🙂

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Since Sweeperboy brought it up, if Sweeperboy was thinking about new football coaches at Highlands what would Sweeperboy think about Coach Lickert and Coach Barth? 🙂

I think it’s awesome and it would be admirable for both to apply as they both have worked extremely hard in their careers and deserve the opportunity to apply.

I really don’t know either coach that well, I know Lickert probably more between the two. I  do know that they both grew up in Ft Thomas and played  at Highlands, both were very big parts of their teams winning at Highlands and have strong family ties to the community. I believe they both fully understand the pressures of being that guy. I believe their time at Highlands helped them wherever they have coached in the past and if hired they would do their very best.  

Iam glad I have no influence or information as to who has applied and who is being considered and who will even get an interview. 

Has Lickert and Barth even applied? Apparently they have, but have they?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

There was nothing to read between the lines about. The first part of my statement was related to where I quoted you. Your statement of BW changing things. Hopefully that makes the post more clear. 

The second part was just a general statement made that I was hoping others didn’t get the wrong idea. It was made to clarify a previous post of mine. It was not related to your post at all. 

42 minutes ago, barrel said:

There was nothing to read between the lines about. The first part of my statement was related to where I quoted you. Your statement of BW changing things. Hopefully that makes the post more clear. 

The second part was just a general statement made that I was hoping others didn’t get the wrong idea. It was made to clarify a previous post of mine. It was not related to your post at all. 

Gotcha.

With regard to someone being just like Mueller, nobody could  predict what the person taking over was going to do but I do find it extremely odd that a person would try and fix something that wasn’t broke. It could have gone entirely different imo.

Really not interested in continuing a debate about the past coaching staff in this thread. Iam looking forward to a fresh start and opportunity for the kids and the program.

16 hours ago, cincyswords said:

Dayton has not won a district title in at least 40 years.

Dayton won five consecutive district championships from 1966-70, including a state title in '66. They've not won a district championship since.

Hello Everyone. I do not know what has been said to other people. But Highlands AD Wes Caldwell told me the plan is to have a new head coach hired by Jan. 1 with some flexibility should a good candidate come along later in the process.

http://www.fortthomasmatters.com/2020/12/highlands-hopes-to-have-new-head-coach.html

One thing I think we all can agree upon is the returning players and classes behind them need to stay together. Parents and players alike that I have spoken with can't say it enough.

Again, I can only say so much on here. But please feel free to PM me anytime.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, PsalmsG said:

Hello Everyone. I do not know what has been said to other people. But Highlands AD Wes Caldwell told me the plan is to have a new head coach hired by Jan. 1 with some flexibility should a good candidate come along later in the process.

http://www.fortthomasmatters.com/2020/12/highlands-hopes-to-have-new-head-coach.html

One thing I think we all can agree upon is the returning players and classes behind them need to stay together. Parents and players alike that I have spoken with can't say it enough.

Again, I can only say so much on here. But please feel free to PM me anytime.

So will you be camping out in the school parking lot to see who interviews?

Interesting and refreshing to know that the kids knew too.

“No matter (who the new head coach) is, we're going to keep working. We're going to do our best to trust that coach and know the staff is going to lead us to the standard of Highlands football."

On 12/26/2020 at 6:30 AM, cincyswords said:

Dayton has not won a district title in at least 40 years.

They have a picture in the cafeteria the last time I walked in there to watch a high school game (been a few years since). Believe it says district champion or co champion. 

I'm not sure if this is rumor or fact but I was told today two of the former assistant coaches have already received coaching positions at another school. I believe one of them had several years at Highlands coaching football?

On 12/26/2020 at 11:25 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Dayton won five consecutive district championships from 1966-70, including a state title in '66. They've not won a district championship since.

19 hours ago, Buck2 said:

They have a picture in the cafeteria the last time I walked in there to watch a high school game (been a few years since). Believe it says district champion or co champion. 

See above. I answered that question a couple days ago.