Jump to content

Open Job: Highlands


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

You sound like an individual that should be on the interview "committee". Have the interviews began or just scheduled at this point? 

JOAT would be more than qualified to be on the interview committee. He would represent a very large contingency with a clear understanding of what this job entails. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes to Coach Brian Weinrich. Wonderful person and outstanding football coach. 

Highlands hasn't been the same since the cannon has been gone.  We've figured it out.  #BringBackTheCannon

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

JOAT would be more than qualified to be on the interview committee. He would represent a very large contingency with a clear understanding of what this job entails. 

I agree and JOAT is a great guy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2020 at 4:16 PM, gbballfan21 said:

You are proving my point -- wasn't addressed with honesty then -- so I struggle to see how a great coach is going to want to move forward now. 

For the last 5 years -- the Fort Thomas Mafia is convinced that there was plenty of talent to win and that the blame should fall on someone elses shoulders. I just don't think that they figured out who the right person to blame is. I absolutely agree that it is time to move forward. But until you address the problems of the past -- the same thing could happen all over again. I hope it doesn't. But its real hard to be hopeful from the outside -- knowing what happened and the complete unwillingness to address it. 

Nah, I believe because the former coach was so unwilling to continue down the path that Dale left him was the ultimate undoing. 
 

Dale set the tone and paved it to success. He found the chemistry to get the entire Ft Thomas family on board. The former coach chose to believe he could do things his way and didn’t want to follow in Dale’s foot steps therefore doing things differently in spite. His inability to fix something that wasn’t broke and that was taught for 20 yrs to do it one way was now choosing its own identity and the program steadily declined over just 3 yrs and eventually collapsed without the support he needed.

It will take more than 3 yrs to fix the damage and even if this GW person had anything to do with it, there are supporters of the program that could have stepped in and assisted and squashed your conspiracy theory but probably didn’t.
 

It could be because by that time everyone knew that even though BW was a great person and great assistant coach that he just wasn’t a good head coach or a leader of Highlands Football. 
 

There is such a push to get the program back on the right track that it may get very intense from within the District in the coming years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bill W. said:

We can all agree we dont want Lickert, right?

From what I've gathered, he seems to be a particularly polarizing figure in all of this.  People seem to have strong opinions on the subject and most not to the favorable side.   That's just been my experience.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, observerbynature said:

From what I've gathered, he seems to be a particularly polarizing figure in all of this.  People seem to have strong opinions on the subject and most not to the favorable side.   That's just been my experience.  

Why not a favorable side? He has won everywhere he has been correct? I believe he won a district title his past 3 years at NCC, he won district in 6A at Campbell, won the 4A district at Holmes, and I think he won the district at Dayton as well but correct me if I am wrong on that one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Where does having a Highlands connection rank in the decision? Scale of 1-10 with 10 being we want a Highlands guy and 1 being total non factor.

To me probably somewhere in the middle at best.  Might be the tiebreaker if two candidates are otherwise equal. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Nah, I believe because the former coach was so unwilling to continue down the path that Dale left him was the ultimate undoing. 
 

Dale set the tone and paved it to success. He found the chemistry to get the entire Ft Thomas family on board. The former coach chose to believe he could do things his way and didn’t want to follow in Dale’s foot steps therefore doing things differently in spite. His inability to fix something that wasn’t broke and that was taught for 20 yrs to do it one way was now choosing its own identity and the program steadily declined over just 3 yrs and eventually collapsed without the support he needed.

It will take more than 3 yrs to fix the damage and even if this GW person had anything to do with it, there are supporters of the program that could have stepped in and assisted and squashed your conspiracy theory but probably didn’t.
 

It could be because by that time everyone knew that even though BW was a great person and great assistant coach that he just wasn’t a good head coach or a leader of Highlands Football. 
 

There is such a push to get the program back on the right track that it may get very intense from within the District in the coming years. 

I’m just wanting to make sure I’m understanding your post. So you believe/wanted someone to come in and just do what Mueller did? Just do everything the same way just change the person in charge? 
 

I agree that it more than likely will take three or so years to get on track. Now you might get lucky and it turn around faster but I think that would be the exception. 
 

I also liked to make it clear I was not knocking Coach Barth in anyway. I think he is an excellent coach. I just used him as an example of an excellent coach that doesn’t meet to criteria it appears of some fans. 
 

I find the idea of Lickert being polarizing interesting. I know he has very high standards/expectations. I think if he was going to get a shot this might be his best chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buck2 said:

Why not a favorable side? He has won everywhere he has been correct? I believe he won a district title his past 3 years at NCC, he won district in 6A at Campbell, won the 4A district at Holmes, and I think he won the district at Dayton as well but correct me if I am wrong on that one. 

Lickert never won the district at Dayton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buck2 said:

Why not a favorable side? He has won everywhere he has been correct? I believe he won a district title his past 3 years at NCC, he won district in 6A at Campbell, won the 4A district at Holmes, and I think he won the district at Dayton as well but correct me if I am wrong on that one. 

I just wanted to come back to this real quick and say, number one, I have an admittedly very small sample size, and two, I also think he has an interesting and kind of, sort of relatively  good resume.  But, I was just trying to share that in that small sample size there seems to be pretty strong and not very positive reactions to Lickert taking over at HHS.   As always, for what that's worth.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buck2 said:

So that means Deaton won it the year he left. I’ll do better research next time. 

I couldn’t tell you the last time Dayton has won that district. It’s been Beechwood or New Cath and Bellevue every year since at least 1976.

Ludlow won it in 75, Beechwood in 74, so it would have to be sometime before 74 since Dayton won the district.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.