Tigerpride94

North Hardin vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Playoffs)

Who wins?  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 06:54 AM

23 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Their win over Frederick Douglass gives their 9-0 record credibility. 

And a road win at Belfry.

That said, X has stayed under the radar for much of the season. I think they’ll go to North Hardin and win a low scoring affair. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

And a road win at Belfry.

That said, X has stayed under the radar for much of the season. I think they’ll go to North Hardin and win a low scoring affair. 

I was surprised North Hardin was able to put together that last second scoring drive. 

• Like 1

Sophomore Jaxon Panariello led the Tigers with tackles against Manual. He has offer from EKU and I expect more offers to pour in next year. He is former UofL great LaBradford Smith’s son and has inherited his athleticism. He is one to watch in this game to have an impact for the Tigers. Impressive for Freshman Eli Monks to have 3rd most tackles in game. I believe he got start because Kurtis Cotten was out injured and not sure if he will be back this game. Sophomore Micah Carter who has offers from UofL, UofK, and Purdue was out last week with injury so not sure if he will be playing this week or not. I was impressed with St.X defense last week despite missing some starters. The young guys have improved as season went along. Tiger defense going to be key. The offense and special teams have scored for other teams through turnovers around 5 times so taking care of ball will be key to getting the win.

F3447C1F-7525-4FF1-A0EB-CEA7DF9E1E69.png

• Like 2

Defense played really well last week, and their two OLBs look really good. If Jaxon puts in another performance like he did against Manual then I would look for St. X to have a really good night. Monks is a big freshman, and with him and Jaxon setting the edge for your defense then you're going to play well against the run. 

• Like 2

While North Hardin has 2 quality wins against Frederick Douglass and Belfry, I would argue that District 2 was one of the weaker 6A districts in the state this year with Central Hardin starting from scratch after losing 23 seniors last year and playing with mostly freshman and sophomores, Meade County vastly underperforming for a team with 18 seniors, and Barren County mediocre at best. With a Solid defensive effort, I think that 21 or more points wins this game for Saint X. North Hardin's offense disappears at times and in the Meade County game Friday night it was 7-0 North Hardin at halftime against a very mediocre team.

North Hardin has had a good 3 year run but look to fall of next year as they will lose 22 seniors to graduation. A key returnee will be Junior QB Manie Wimberle. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

While North Hardin has 2 quality wins against Frederick Douglass and Belfry, I would argue that District 2 was one of the weaker 6A districts in the state this year with Central Hardin starting from scratch after losing 23 seniors last year and playing with mostly freshman and sophomores, Meade County vastly underperforming for a team with 18 seniors, and Barren County mediocre at best. With a Solid defensive effort, I think that 21 or more points wins this game for Saint X. North Hardin's offense disappears at times and in the Meade County game Friday night it was 7-0 North Hardin at halftime against a very mediocre team.

North Hardin has had a good 3 year run but look to fall of next year as they will lose 22 seniors to graduation. A key returnee will be Junior QB Manie Wimberle. 

That train’s never late...

• Haha 1

Man, I love those Media Notes!  I miss them.  They used to come out every Wednesday before the Purples games like clockwork!  Kept you in the know as a fan!

Good luck X!

• Like 4

Tigerpride94, what are Saint X strengths and weaknesses and have they played on natural grass this year? What type of team have they struggled with this year? North Hardin's field is natural grass and could deteriorate pretty quickly Friday night with the moisture from Monday's storm and predicted rain Thursday/Friday.

12 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Tigerpride94, what are Saint X strengths and weaknesses and have they played on natural grass this year? What type of team have they struggled with this year? North Hardin's field is natural grass and could deteriorate pretty quickly Friday night with the moisture from Monday's storm and predicted rain Thursday/Friday.

Butler and Manual (game last week) are both natural surfaces. 

19 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

To me, strength of the team is defense, offensively they struggled against Bowling Green, Trinity, and Manual which have stout talented defenses. When offense plays well it’s because of QB Pooler, WR Mekhi Smith, and WR Michael Duddy all clicking. They have struggled to run the ball some but ran better than I thought they would against Manual.  I think the offense has improved some from earlier in the season. The strength of the defense is against the run and did good job containing Juwaun Northington last Friday. 

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

Man, I love those Media Notes!  I miss them.  They used to come out every Wednesday before the Purples games like clockwork!  Kept you in the know as a fan!

Good luck X!

I agree they were always fun to read; especially the series records with long time opponents. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

To me, strength of the team is defense, offensively they struggled against Bowling Green, Trinity, and Manual which have stout talented defenses. When offense plays well it’s because of QB Pooler, WR Mekhi Smith, and WR Michael Duddy all clicking. They have struggled to run the ball some but ran better than I thought they would against Manual.  I think the offense has improved some from earlier in the season. The strength of the defense is against the run and did good job containing Juwaun Northington last Friday. 

I agree with this as well. They ran the ball effectively, but they're not going to be a team this year that is going to run for a bunch of yards. They're going to be a 4-6 yard team and then try to get the chunk play in the air with Mekhi Smith. Defensively, they do struggle in the pass game, but that has to do with the scheme too. They like to bring their inside backers with leaves the middle of the field open at times. If your rush gets there then you're in good shape, if it doesn't then there will be voids. 

• Like 2

The Key against North Hardin is to be stout up front on defense, get pressure on QB Manie Wimberly and have strong, physical corners at the line of scrimmage. Their WR quick screen passes are effective as they go 3 wide with 2 blockers. QB Wimberly is accurate on short to medium passes. They don't go down field much in the passing game but prefer to go to Harris, Smith and Sharps in the medium passing games. Wimberley releases the ball quickly to his receivers who have good size and speed. You can run the ball on North Hardin between the tackles. Their team speed and physicality makes it hard to gain yardage on the edges. 

Because North Hardin brings at least one of their linebackers or defensive ends on a blitz every single play, a team who can hit the short crossing routes over the middle, seam routes, or screens can be effective against them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

The Key against North Hardin is to be stout up front on defense, get pressure on QB Manie Wimberly and have strong, physical corners at the line of scrimmage. Their WR quick screen passes are effective as they go 3 wide with 2 blockers. QB Wimberly is accurate on short to medium passes. They don't go down field much in the passing game but prefer to go to Harris, Smith and Sharps in the medium passing games. Wimberley releases the ball quickly to his receivers who have good size and speed. You can run the ball on North Hardin between the tackles. Their team speed and physicality makes it hard to gain yardage on the edges. 

Because North Hardin brings at least one of their linebackers or defensive ends on a blitz every single play, a team who can hit the short crossing routes over the middle, seam routes, or screens can be effective against them.

Yes, the seams! It seems North Hardin will play their free safety towards the strength of the formation. If St. X can find a way to exploit that area opposite of the free safety they could find themselves with a couple of big plays.