North Bullitt at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs)

Purple88

Who wins this game?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• North Bullitt
    • Bowling Green

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 12:00 AM

The 2020 Kentucky High School Playoffs were in full effect last Friday evening with some terrific battles.  Bowling Green traveled across town taking on rival South Warren and getting revenge for an October 2nd 10-7 Spartan victory by a score of 41-24.  The game was highlighted by a plethora of turnovers where South Warren had a whopping 8 and BG had 5!  Many momentum shifts throughout the night, but BG took control in the 3rd Quarter after South Warren missed several opportunities in the 2nd Quarter to take the lead in the overall series and get a chance to play for a regional championship vs North Bullitt.  BG SR QB Conner Cooper is playing his best football right now along with SR FS/RB/WR/P Eli Burwash has the Purples offense riding high.  The Purples defense has played really well all year and they look to control a tough North Bullitt ground attack. 

North Bullitt has been in the shadow of South Oldham, BGs opponent in the 2019 Regional Final.  But this year the Eagles have stepped into the spotlight on their own by defeating South Oldham twice this season including last weeks 19-7 district playoff win.  I admit I don't know much about North Bullitt but heard on the radio that they run the veer out of the shotgun formation!  I can't wait to see this!  The Eagles reportedly returned nearly all of their 2019 offensive production and are led by star SR RB Cole Durbin who has over 2,600 yards and 23 TDs on the year!  Also SR QB Drew Hadley has had success throwing the ball to his main target SR WR Austin Hayes.  On defense for the Eagles, SR LB John Ashbaugh leads the team with 51 tackles on the year, while SR DE Clay Coomes leads the team with 7.5 sacks on the year!

Outside of the South Oldham games, North Bullit lost to 6A Manual and 3A Etown, while defeating Bullitt Central, Shelby County, Seneca, Jeffersontown, Bulllitt East, and Atherton.

This will be the last home game to be played at El Donaldson Stadium due to Bowling Green building a new stadium and field, which is due to be ready for the start of next season.  It will also receive a new name I'm told, but that hasn't been decided on to my knowledge.  So many great games at the El!  Looking for one more! 

I expect North Bullitt to come into BG next week and play with a lot of pride and with nothing to lose.  But IMO this game is BGs to lose.  To be honest the quality of teams these two have played is night and day different.  Anything can happen and if BG comes out unprepared they can be beaten just like anyone else, but I expect them to come out and control this game.  Another factor next Friday could be the weather forecast, which isn't great right now, but will likely change a little between now and then.  Who does a sloppy track help more?  

Who wins this game?

image.thumb.png.621012cb7e981966a8f6e10908878be2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

North Bullitt scores a lot of points, but their schedule was really weak. 

And if they are a running team that plays into Bowling Green's strength on defense.  I say BG will probably still need to score some points.

As long as the Purples stay focused and play well they should take care of this team. 

But it's up to the players to keep their mind right because nothing is a given.

I say BG wins 35-14, but that's more of a guess. 

I could see this one getting out of hand quickly. The difference in talent and schedule strength leans heavily in BG's favor. Trinity, St. X, South Warren (×2), and McCracken County is a championship schedule.

North Bullitt has had a great season. Getting past South Oldham and winning the district was probably right at the top of their to-do list this season. They achieved that, and I'm sure they're hungry for more. I just don't see it happening.

• Like 3

Purples. In a big way. 

Should be a game where they can keep developing offensively. Would like to continue to see the trend of throwing the ball down field with consistency, IMO, that and play calling will dictate how far the Purples go the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

Yes, I’m not sure North Bullitt has faced a Defense quite like BG’s yet. If they tend to be a run heavy team, it may be a very long, hard-hitting night for them. BG seems to be getting more and more comfortable offensively as the season moves along. Each game has shed new light on a new player. It’s been fun to watch. Everyone keeps talking about BG’s incredible defense.. however, I think their offense has dramatically improved after losing key players in the beginning of the season.  They have found the right personnel to get the job done. Cooper and Burwash have made a new connection that looks really scary ( in a good way)!! After taking some licks in the SW game, I see the Purples coming out Friday determined to win BIG for the EL one last time!! These Seniors seem determined! 
Does North Bullitt have the defense to stop Cooper, Bunton, Burwash and Dingle? Those are 4 bad boys!! Dingle played a different role against SW last Friday .. he only touched the ball one time and BG still ended up doubling their score!! That’s crazy !! 

Also, it’s suppose to be COLD Friday night! Bring your blankets and heaters North Bullitt peeps!! 

• Like 1

To my knowledge this is the first Media Notes for the Purples this season!

Purples Football vs North Bullitt Media Notes - Google Docs

They are typically packed full of good info.  Some of us were discussing them over on the North Hardin vs St X thread!

Couple interesting tidbits to help you get over Thursdays last hill to GameDay!

This is the last game scheduled for El Donaldson Stadium & Monie Beard Field as BG will have a brand new facility next season!  It's a 6.2 million dollar upgrade!  That's exciting!

In the 52 years the Purples have been at the El, BG has a record of 240 and 68.  That's a winning percentage right at 78%!  Not to shabby!!!

Looking forward to trying to get 241!!!

• Like 3

I wouldn’t overlook NB’s offense. Having seen them play they can certainly put up some points with the veer out of the shotgun. They run what seems to be every form of the option. I can imagine it’s tough to game plan against this offense in a week. South Oldham has been the only team to stop it this season, allowing only 2 tds as a defense in the playoff matchup. I imagine BG has that game on film and will utilize what South Oldham did. With that being said the North Bullitt defense has struggled throughout the year. They primarily run the traditional 4-4 defense but sprinkle in some 3-4 occasionally. BG will likely score at will but I wouldn’t be surprised if NB puts some points up.

I’ll take BG, 49-21.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to North Bullitt at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs)
  • True blue (and gold) locked this topic