All State Baseball

Open Job: Madison Central

One of the finest folks I've ever been involved with in education and athletics. Did a great job at Garrard County and had moments of success at Madison Central. Ultimately, though, Central is a tough football job. If Mark wants to coach somewhere else then I'd encourage that school to hire him.

• Like 5

Exactly! Madison Central is definitely not a football school and he won the only region in football. They will be on their 7th coach in about 22 years I think. 

I think he would do a fine job at one of the Jessamine County Schools if they were to be open.

Here is what I do know, that Madison Central feeder program was starting to really show signs of improvement.

Scenters should have stayed at Garrard. His teams improved greatly every year. Central is in that 6A bracket just tough to compete year after year. Someone should jump on board quick with Scenters. 

• Like 2

Coach Scenters also won a region title at Madison Central in 2018. Those are tough to get. Someone will get a terrific football coach and man when they hire Mark Scenters. Best wishes coach!

• Thanks 1

Talked to someone this morning who said they had heard a decision is coming this week. Said he is hearing Mike Holcomb as a possible hire. 

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Wow, that would be a get if he still has the drive. 

That will be the question along with support, and who he can get to come in.....