Bishop Brossart vs. Nicholas County Predictions/Updates (1A Playoffs) - Forfeited by Brossart

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Bishop Brossart
    • Nicholas County

This poll is closed to new votes

Bishop Brossart won the first meeting 42-34 giving Nicholas County it’s only loss of the season.  Brossart is putting up close to 30 points per game and giving up over 20 points per game. Nicholas County is averaging close to 39 points per game and giving up just over 14 points per game. Who wins this matchup? Will it be another shootout?

• Thanks 1

Could be a dandy of a game in Alexandria Friday night.

Mustangs coming off of a three-week layoff, while the Blue Jackets defeated Paris going away (36-16) a week ago in Carlisle.

The 42-34 Brosart win at Nicholas County came in three OTs in an ask and answer event.  The score at the end of regulation was 20-20 and not quite the shootout that it appears.

Winner claims District 5 championship, which would be a first for the Mustangs.  The prize behind Door Number Two is a trip to Pikeville on December 4th. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mustang said:

Could be a dandy of a game in Alexandria Friday night.

Mustangs coming off of a three-week layoff, while the Blue Jackets defeated Paris going away (36-16) a week ago in Carlisle.

The 42-34 Brosart win at Nicholas County came in three OTs in an ask and answer event.  The score at the end of regulation was 20-20 and not quite the shootout that it appears.

Winner claims District 5 championship, which would be a first for the Mustangs.  The prize behind Door Number Two is a trip to Pikeville on December 4th. 

I think the Mustangs win this. The Defense has more experience this time than the 1st meeting. Also, the Stangs got a good tuneup last week and got to see some real speed in practice. They'll be more than ready for this.

• Like 2

• theguru changed the title to Bishop Brossart vs. Nicholas County Predictions/Updates (1A Playoffs) - Forfeited by Brossart

Confirmed

It was made public at 3pm.  The information above is accurate.

I feel terrible for the kids on both teams.  Our guys have practiced for three weeks getting ready to play this game, incidentally, on a perfect night for football, only to have this happen to them within hours of kickoff.  I've personally disagreed with one asymtomatic positive being able to shut down a program, but my opinion doesn't count.

Just another chapter in this ongoing Covid campaign.  We will be thankful for for the eight games we were able to get in, and hope for better times ahead next year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1