Tigerpride94

Manual vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Playoffs)

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/28/2020 at 06:00 AM

Manual (3-1) will host St. Xavier (4-2) after having a first round bye, and have had only 1 game since October 1st which was a 55-0 defeat of Butler on October 24th. Manual has a very good defense and a running back that will punish you in Juwan Northington. They also have other D1 prospects in WR/DB Eli Blakey and LB Malachi Lawrence. St. Xavier is coming off a 37-0 shut out of PRP and will have their hands full with the ūüźź who have been polishing their horns the last few weeks. St. Xavier has¬†struggled to run the ball against good teams and¬†will need to get Mekhi Smith involved¬†¬†in the passing game and out of the wildcat to score some points.¬†These teams are separated by 3 points in the Calpreps rankings with Manual rated higher and should be a low scoring game. The kicking game could be key along with turnovers.This should be the game of the week in 6A as a top 5 team will be going home for the season Friday night. Who wins?

• Thanks 1

Oddly Manual is higher In Calpreps ranking but the Calpreps project a matchup has it St.X 21-20.

This game for St.X will come down to the QB play. Can he make throws needed to keep the offense on the field. He has a good release and arm, but at times seems to hold the ball a bit too long. 

• Like 2

For the Tigers defensively, it will come down to gap integrity. If they keep their run fits consistently they'll be in good shape, if not Northington will have a big game. Traditionaly this would be a game I'd say St. X will win because they'll control the line of scrimmage, but over the last number of years that hasn't always been the case upfront. Should be a good high school football playoff slugfest!

On paper, I think this is a toss up game.

But Manual hasn't played in a month.  It's a crazy year and they crushed Butler 55-0 in that game.  They have only played 4 games all year.  Only the opener against LaSalle was close.  That was a long time ago.

St. X expectantly crushed PRP last Friday Night.  I think that's a big advantage just to be on the field and play last week.  I think Manual will be really rusty in this game.  I do think Manual has more guys to worry about than X does this season, but may be a work in progress to make that matter in this game.

I expect a hard fought tough ball game.  I expect Northington to make a play at the end to win it for Manual.  But it won't be easy.

Manual 21

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigercat said:

Who isX QB?

Giles Pooler. Against PRP they also did some wildcat with Mekhi Smith especially on goaline.