Sign in to follow this  
Purple88

Bowling Green 35 Greenwood 7

Bowling Green defeats a pretty good Greenwood team.

BG very rusty in the first half with a ton of penalties and the offensive line didn't look in sync at all.

But QB Conner Cooper plays a terrific game and the BG defense played well all game.

On to South Warren for the one that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree.. BG definitely looked rusty. You could tell that they were without almost their entire line for 2 weeks due to quarantine. I believe I was told they came back on Wednesday. 

Defense wise, BG wasn’t as polished as normal. Which is to be expected after not playing for 3 weeks and then practicing without 14 players for 2 weeks. GW still just didn’t have the manpower to hold off that Defense that was hungry to get stops. They had several chances within the red zone and couldn’t finish!!  

Offensively, GW really wasn’t letting BG get a lot of ground game going. So they went to the air.. and dang...it was pretty! Cooper threw for 300 yards and with the dropped passes would’ve been 400 yards easy! He was a gun slinger last night. So many talked about the ease and patience he had in the pocket.. it was exciting to watch! He was throwing 50 yard bullet touchdown passes.  If BG uses that, it can be the game changer that they need for the playoffs! Even with some EASY dropped balls that would’ve been TD’s, the receivers made some incredible catches last night! I can’t wait for this BG vs SW matchup. Great Thanksgiving week ahead!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree BG looked rusty and they just really didn't look very good. South Warren may handle them next week. I don't see BG being able to beat them and it may not be that close. 

12 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

I have to agree BG looked rusty and they just really didn't look very good. South Warren may handle them next week. I don't see BG being able to beat them and it may not be that close. 

Hmmm... I guess my question would be where on the field are you referring to “really didn’t look very good”. I agree with rusty when you haven’t played since October 30th PLUS you’re practicing without 17 players until the Wednesday before the Friday night game. However, saying SW will handle them seems s tad far fetched. 
Also, what are you measuring that on? 
BG has played all 6A teams this year, totaling 4, then District games filled up their remaining games. SW played 3A and 4A schools, other than their district games. BG has been their only competitor. BG was definitely cominG off of some misfortune prior to that one. I’d say BG seems to be a different squad now. 

Again, maybe I’m missing something.. definitely open to shedding light on the reasoning!! 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this