Jump to content
DevilMayCare

Owensboro 81 Breckinridge County 6

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Brown said:

It was 55-0 at half.  I believe the first offensive play in the 2nd half went for 6 (JV and under), then the 2nd play it seems went for a TD.  I truly believe Owensboro’s JV would beat this team 60-0 with a running clock.  Combine a couple pick 6’s and untimely fumbles.  Opening kick off - fumble, 1 play TD.  I sat my iPad down at one point for 20 seconds, Breck had fumbled and O had scored.

Then the starters should have come out long before the end of the first half.

No high school team should ever score 80 points in a blowout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owensboro varsity offense only played 2 plays in 2nd quarter.

Wimsatt only threw 8 times in game.  He was 4 for 8.   It was 21-0 before his first completion.

Breck turned it over 8 times.  O defense scored 3 times.
 

JV and under scored 4 times.  The last 3 times were a defensive TD and 2 run plays, I’m not even sure who the last kid was that ran it in.  He has 0 carries on the year.
 

Other than taking a knee in the entire 2nd half or refusing turnovers I’m not sure what else O could have done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brown said:

Owensboro varsity offense only played 2 plays in 2nd quarter.

Wimsatt only threw 8 times in game.  He was 4 for 8.   It was 21-0 before his first completion.

Breck turned it over 8 times.  O defense scored 3 times.
 

JV and under scored 4 times.  The last 3 times were a defensive TD and 2 run plays, I’m not even sure who the last kid was that ran it in.  He has 0 carries on the year.
 

Other than taking a knee in the entire 2nd half or refusing turnovers I’m not sure what else O could have done.

Mutual agreement to call it off after 72?  “Double mercy rule” (dibs on intellectual property).  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So hard to get balance with KY districts. I’m sure that Owensboro and Owensboro Catholic would like tougher districts, though catholic has struggled the the last 2 years. And by contrast you have the other 5a wky district with several good teams. I still feel like there could be less classes in ky or cut out a round. Possibly give the option to all non qualifying playoff teams an option to schedule an 11th game they can be competitive in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could’ve did some things this is why some of these 4 seeds took the COVID route out because of teams embarrassing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Owensboro have more than 60 kids in program? I wonder if this is case where because of 60 roster rule there is no kids that would be in 70-80 range of depth chart to make it more fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Does Owensboro have more than 60 kids in program? I wonder if this is case where because of 60 roster rule there is no kids that would be in 70-80 range of depth chart to make it more fair. 

60 exactly on khsaa.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brown said:

60 exactly on khsaa.   

Sometimes that’s not full roster but maybe in their case it is. I saw they only have 12 freshman on roster and I assume have more than that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree 81 is excessive, OHS JV 2 and 3s would running clock Breckenridge County. The talent within the OHS program is very strong from all the classes right now and this district is not doing them any favors for games to come in the playoffs. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Info on Owensboro’s 81 points.

Owensboro ran 20 offensive total plays in the game.

Varsity offense ran 11 plays - 8 pass and 3 run (9 in first Quarter and 2 in second Quarter).

JV ran 9 plays.

 

Scoring drives - varsity  2 plays, 1 play, 1 play, 1play, 1 play.  Junior varsity enters 1 play, 5 plays, 1 play, 1 play.


Defense 3 TD’s - varsity 2 JV 1.

Scoring plays:  17 yard run Stevenson, 11 yard run Avery,  INT return Goodwin,  69 yard pass Wimsatt to Tinsley,  44 yard pass Wimsatt to Flaherty, fumble return Barksdale,  25 yard pass Wimsatt to Flaherty,  INT return Clark, 52 yard pass Boone to Early, 47 yard run Carbon,  47 yard run Robinson, 3 yard run Reynolds (first carry of year).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could’ve played 6 minute quarters in the second half I’ve seen it done before and to the people that says they should’ve stopped them that’s easy to say but imagine if it was your son on the losing side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

They could’ve played 6 minute quarters in the second half I’ve seen it done before and to the people that says they should’ve stopped them that’s easy to say but imagine if it was your son on the losing side.

In the playoffs though?  I would MUCH rather my son lose 81-6 TRYING, than to lose 55-6 and have the story and video say "Owensboro took a knee on every play of the 2nd half".  That would be much more embarassing.  I get it - everyone is different.  It's hard being in O's shoes here as every run and screen pass goes to the house.  2 of Wimsatt's long TD's were simply screen passes that went to the house.  You could tell the last running back (I don't know who he was - 10th stringer?), "Hey as soon as you are hit, go down".  Problem was he wasn't touched.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brown said:

Info on Owensboro’s 81 points.

Owensboro ran 20 offensive total plays in the game.

Varsity offense ran 11 plays - 8 pass and 3 run (9 in first Quarter and 2 in second Quarter).

JV ran 9 plays.

 

Scoring drives - varsity  2 plays, 1 play, 1 play, 1play, 1 play.  Junior varsity enters 1 play, 5 plays, 1 play, 1 play.


Defense 3 TD’s - varsity 2 JV 1.

Scoring plays:  17 yard run Stevenson, 11 yard run Avery,  INT return Goodwin,  69 yard pass Wimsatt to Tinsley,  44 yard pass Wimsatt to Flaherty, fumble return Barksdale,  25 yard pass Wimsatt to Flaherty,  INT return Clark, 52 yard pass Boone to Early, 47 yard run Carbon,  47 yard run Robinson, 3 yard run Reynolds (first carry of year).

This helps to explain the score and exonerate O'boro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see KHSAA create an "Open Class" where teams that are clearly overmatched in their district be able to be placed on an Open Class where their teams could actually compete with teams somewhat similar to them.  Breckinridge County, Caverna, South Laurel, Seneca, Iroquois, Lewis County, Nelson County, Ballard Memorial, Fulton County, Bellvue, Berea, among others.

I am thinking of the Major European Soccer league that lets the bottom team in the league drop out and the top team in the lower league come up for a set amount of time.  Call it 4 years for a set # of teams.  Teams that continually lose in my so called Open Classification

would stay and the top 1 or 2 teams would return to the big leagues and 1 or 2 that also get hammered can drop down.  You would be invited to do this.  And you could opt out at the beginning.  I would envision a State Championship for this level as well.  

I realize scheduling would be tough for all but it is now.  Maybe they play less games to be in this open class.  This would have to be known way in advance say 2 years or similar to how KHSAA realigns the 6 classes now. 

Just a thought, but this is stupid having a team like Breckinridge County play Owensboro in the playoffs.  Will this outcome change?  I'd say in the next 10 years if nothing changes, Owensboro would host Breckinridge County another 8 or 9 times and wins by at least 50 every time.  Can't we do something different.  If you do this open class, can you get rid of the first round games?  Win, win IMO.  Only Warren East proves this wrong this year and is definitely the exception and not the rule.  What do you think?  Sorry to thread jack, but only so much to do with an 81-6 game.  Maybe I'll bring this up a little after the state championships are done.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.