Colonels_Wear_Blue

Fire On I-75/I-71 Brent Spence Bridge Shuts Down Bridge

5 hours ago, theguru said:

125376468_5225243347501237_3466954180058530689_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=CRaVT9E-koAAX9Wi1H4&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=5646caf9a8c374e81ab417602a55fa00&oe=5FD56FD4

Just adds to my long list of reasons to stay on this side of the river.

22 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Just adds to my long list of reasons to stay on this side of the river.

I know right.  

The more time that passes, the less appealing Ohio is to me. 

As I understand it, following the inspections of the bridge that were completed on Friday, the highway department and the Coast Guard decided that they needed to suspend all traffic on the Ohio River until further notice.

This whole situation is a BIG deal.

13 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

As I understand it, following the inspections of the bridge that were completed on Friday, the highway department and the Coast Guard decided that they needed to suspend all traffic on the Ohio River until further notice.

That seems like a problem, to say the least. 

Will the trucker(s)' insurance policies be liable for the repair costs------up to policy limits?       Don't know if policies are written to exclude damage to civic properties.

16 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

They did, for a short while, back open now.

4 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

They did, for a short while, back open now.

They shut it down river traffic immediately on Wednesday right after the fire and then re-opened it on Thursday. Then when they had their team of structural and civil engineers inspect the bridge on Friday they re-closed the river to traffic.

Are you sure they've re-opened the river traffic for a second time?

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

They shut it down river traffic immediately on Wednesday right after the fire and then re-opened it on Thursday. Then when they had their team of structural and civil engineers inspect the bridge on Friday they re-closed the river to traffic.

Are you sure they've re-opened the river traffic for a second time?

That is what the news channels in Cincinnati are reporting. They are also saying that preliminary test on the steel show no signs of damage.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

Will the trucker(s)' insurance policies be liable for the repair costs------up to policy limits?       Don't know if policies are written to exclude damage to civic properties.

The trucking company should have an umbrella policy for claims like this.

On 11/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, theguru said:

I know right.  

The more time that passes, the less appealing Ohio is to me. 

Outside of visiting some awesome breweries, I got no reason to head over there with working from home and no beer vending.

I haven't been on 275 since this happened.  Might be heading to Florence today.  Wife and I figured middle of the day would be best to run an errand or two.

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I haven't been on 275 since this happened.  Might be heading to Florence today.  Wife and I figured middle of the day would be best to run an errand or two.

The biggest backup is I-75 N from Florence coming back.  Check out your favorite Map app to get an idea on the travel time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

The biggest backup is I-75 N from Florence coming back.  Check out your favorite Map app to get an idea on the travel time.

Agreed.  East and West 275 haven't been too bad today.  I just drove 75 south from 275 and 75 North was backed up quite a bit. 

• Like 1

They're saying December 23rd will be the earliest it reopens.  They say the damage wasn't as bad as anticipated.