Sign in to follow this  
Bac2369

Will a ‘Real Champion’ be crowned if the season/playoffs continues?

A real champion per class?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. A real champion per class?

• Yes
    • No

The way the season has been with several cancellations and games not been played. Do you think we will get a true champion as if we played a 15 game season? Injuries are things that could of happen that derailed a teams chances at a title, but with things are seems like injuries are down in this season with a short few with injuries. But sickness could play into this season because of COVID rules. Would we get the same result if it was a full season? Why or Why not?

Provided the postseason is played, I suspect the champion of each class will be found in the Top 5 their respective Bluegrasspreps class rankings right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Provided the postseason is played, I suspect the champion of each class will be found in the Top 5 their respective Bluegrasspreps class rankings right now.

Yep.

A “true” champion to me is always up for debate. The best team doesn’t always win in a normal year so I’m sure that will be the case during this postseason as well.

• Like 1

They should simply take the top 8 from each class, by RPI, and have a 3 week playoff. Get it in, get it over with.

5 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

They should simply take the top 8 from each class, by RPI, and have a 3 week playoff. Get it in, get it over with.

Easier said that done. Quite possibly the best team in Class 3A is currently ranked 14th in the RPI because they were only able to play five games and at least three RPI-boost games were canceled due to Covid issues. I'm reluctant to deny a team an opportunity for a state championship, especially when they did nothing to cost themselves that chance. I'm okay dropping from 32 for one season, but I wouldn't go below sixteen teams.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

Probably better just to take the district champs and seed them by the RPI.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

It would look like this in 6A.

1. Trinity
8. DuPont Manual

4. Henderson County
5. Male

3. Bryan Station
6.  Paul Laurence Dunbar

2. North Hardin
7. Ryle

34 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

1. Trinity
8. DuPont Manual

4. Henderson County
5. Male

3. Bryan Station
6.  Paul Laurence Dunbar

2. North Hardin
7. Ryle

Bad idea in my opinion since Manual played 1 district game and didn't play St. X and is ahead of St.X by .00398. I would agree if all teams played whole schedule and all district opponents and RPI was more accurate. RPI now is flawed due to lack of games. I think top 2 in each district would be more fair and capture all the top10 teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Bad idea in my opinion since Manual played 1 district game and didn't play St. X and is ahead of St.X by .00398. I would agree if all teams played whole schedule and all district opponents and RPI was more accurate. RPI now is flawed due to lack of games. I think top 2 in each district would be more fair and capture all the top10 teams. 

I agree, it is a tough call this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KY Outsider said:

1. Trinity
8. DuPont Manual

4. Henderson County
5. Male

3. Bryan Station
6.  Paul Laurence Dunbar

2. North Hardin
7. Ryle

Looks fine to me. Send it.

7 hours ago, KY Outsider said:

Fredrick Douglas wouldn’t be too happy about that. 

If you win a championship it’s still a championship regardless of any outside situations there are plenty of examples in the NFL, College Football, and College Basketball where the perceived best team didn’t win the championship in a one and done situation that’s just the way it goes. The only way to change that is to eliminate all playoffs in every sport and let a panel award a championship off the regular season success but just to be honest that does seem like much fun to me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this