Jump to content
Bac2369

What Class 1A team has been the most surprising this season?

Recommended Posts

What’s your thoughts on the most suprising team in 1A? Why do you think so? Do they have a shot at title or deep playoff run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sayre.

End of discussion.

From a team who won 1 game and lost to Phelps by 28 points to undefeated and possibly hosting a Regional Finals game. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Sayre.

End of discussion.

From a team who won 1 game and lost to Phelps by 28 points to undefeated and possibly hosting a Regional Finals game. 

 

Sayre and Hazard.

I know Hazard had a tough off season with coach changes and other issues, but I did not expect Hazard to struggle this much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLCat said:

Sayre.

End of discussion.

From a team who won 1 game and lost to Phelps by 28 points to undefeated and possibly hosting a Regional Finals game. 

 

Who is Sayre? They are not even listed on Calpreps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Who is Sayre? They are not even listed on Calpreps.

Private School in Lexington that's been around for years but never competed in football.

Football program started in 2018.

Former Marshall university and longtime NFL Quarterback Chad Pennington is the H.C.

Went 1-7 last year and did not compete in a  District.

Competed for a District this year and are currently 8-0 and #5 in the RPI (3rd best RPI in East)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Who is Sayre? They are not even listed on Calpreps.

They are on Calpreps for the full 223 team statewide rankings. They weren’t supposed to be eligible for the playoffs until 2021 but were allowed to take the fourth spot in District 7 after Jenkins dropped their varsity program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Who is Sayre? They are not even listed on Calpreps.

If you take Sayre rating in statewide rankings and applied it to 1A they would be 9th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, ATLCat said:

Private School in Lexington that's been around for years but never competed in football.

Football program started in 2018.

Former Marshall university and longtime NFL Quarterback Chad Pennington is the H.C.

Went 1-7 last year and did not compete in a  District.

Competed for a District this year and are currently 8-0 and #5 in the RPI (3rd best RPI in East)

Actually incorrect. Sayre had a football program in the 70's. I saw them play beechwood in Lexington.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shootertk said:

Actually incorrect. Sayre had a football program in the 70's. I saw them play beechwood in Lexington.

 

Yes. I believe their last season was 1974. But Pennington has absolutely built from scratch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.