Jump to content
Voice of Reason

We have a Vaccine

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Vaccine update!  The mister and I had a very close exposure so we both got tested today.  I should add that the mister has been quite sluggish for the last 4-5 days.

He tested positive.  I tested negative for COVID, but positive for antibodies. Seems the first vaccine I got 3 weeks ago is working and protecting me!  Looking forward to getting my second next week.

As far as Mr. BWF is concerned, he feels better today than he has all well.  Hopefully this means he has only a very mild case.  

That is awesome news!

Here's to hoping Mr. BWF recovers quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDeuce said:

That is awesome news!

Here's to hoping Mr. BWF recovers quickly!

And yes, what Deuce said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Are your antibodies definitively from the first vaccine shot or could they be from a combination of having COVID in the past and not knowing it and the first vaccine shot?

This guy. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDeuce said:

This guy. 😂

I am trying to educate myself Deuce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theguru said:

I am trying to educate myself Deuce. 

I think you're asking a question you know she can't prove one way or the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think you're asking a question you know she can't prove one way or the other. 

That is not my intention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Are your antibodies definitively from the first vaccine shot or could they be from a combination of having COVID in the past and not knowing it and the first vaccine shot?

I would really have no way of knowing.  It is quite possible that I had an asymptomatic case at some point.  It also supports what I was told when I got the vaccine, that I would start building antibodies within 4 weeks.  

When I was at the clinic, the nursing assistant, who was visibly short of breath, said she just came back to work after being off for 6 weeks with CV.  She said she had no pre-existing conditions, but was left with heart and lung damage.  She wasn’t even hospitalized.  She remarked how lucky I was to have been offered the vaccine.  I felt so bad for her.  It made any pre-vaccine concerns I had evaporate.


 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I would really have no way of knowing.  It is quite possible that I had an asymptomatic case at some point.  It also supports what I was told when I got the vaccine, that I would start building antibodies within 4 weeks.  

When I was at the clinic, the nursing assistant, who was visibly short of breath, said she just came back to work after being off for 6 weeks with CV.  She said she had no pre-existing conditions, but was left with heart and lung damage.  She wasn’t even hospitalized.  She remarked how lucky I was to have been offered the vaccine.  I felt so bad for her.  It made any pre-vaccine concerns I had evaporate.


 

That is exactly why I don't want the virus.  As I have mentioned before, I am not afraid or tremendously worried about dying, but I certainly don't want that kind of damage for the rest of my life.  We will continue to be extra cautious in what we do, where we go and who we hang around with.  At least for awhile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I would really have no way of knowing.  It is quite possible that I had an asymptomatic case at some point.  It also supports what I was told when I got the vaccine, that I would start building antibodies within 4 weeks.  

When I was at the clinic, the nursing assistant, who was visibly short of breath, said she just came back to work after being off for 6 weeks with CV.  She said she had no pre-existing conditions, but was left with heart and lung damage.  She wasn’t even hospitalized.  She remarked how lucky I was to have been offered the vaccine.  I felt so bad for her.  It made any pre-vaccine concerns I had evaporate.


 

I have a pre-existing condition and while I have gone back and forth on it a bit, there's no chance I don't take the vaccine, it's just not worth the risk to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my number is called I will take it.

I get having reservations. But on the other hand it cracks me up to know most people ingest things into their bodies daily, that for a FACT harm your long term health; yet, they will not take this specific vaccine for reasons such as long term health benefits, the idea you will be tracked, that Bill Gates is watching you, and that it is a ploy to control population.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bugatti said:

When my number is called I will take it.

I get having reservations. But on the other hand it cracks me up to know most people ingest things into their bodies daily, that for a FACT, harm your long term health; yet, they will not take this specific vaccine for reasons such as long term health benefits, the idea you will be tracked, that Bill Gates is watching you, and that it is a ploy to control population.

The whole "I don't know what's in it" argument has been the funniest argument to me for the exact reason you point out. People put crap in their bodies constantly and are worried about a vaccine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm receiving the vaccine Saturday. Initially, I declined to be included on the roster for no real reason other than I haven't been vaccinated since I went to college. Not in an anti-vax stance or anything like that. I've just never had the flu, so I never got a flu shot. 

In my advanced age and wisdom, I realized a couple things about that line of thinking. 

1) I don't want to get the CV, even though I'm fairly certain I had it this time last year. And putting myself at risk because I didn't want a shot is dumb.

2) It would be irresponsible for me not to take every possible step to ensure that I and my loved ones remain healthy, short of giving up caffeine. Gotta have my Dew.

3) People who legitimately need the vaccine either to protect themselves, or even just feel the peace of mind would jump all over the opportunity to get vaccinated. I might as well take advantage of my fortuitous position.

4) My niece and nephew absolutely do not understand why I wouldn't get it. Both are prepared for their dose if ever the opportunity arises. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 91 year old dad refused the vaccine.  He has been an anti vaxer his whole life.  Still standing by his beliefs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

My 91 year old dad refused the vaccine.  He has been an anti vaxer his whole life.  Still standing by his beliefs.

Does he know this vaccine does not contain any of the virus? This is a brand new and different vaccine.

Second, does he want to see his family? His family may be leery of visiting him if he is not protected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

My 91 year old dad refused the vaccine.  He has been an anti vaxer his whole life.  Still standing by his beliefs.

I hate to hear this. Do you think you will be able to change his mind or did that horse leave the barn decades ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.