Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, nkypete said:

It is still shocking to me to continue to see the division between those who are pro-vaccine and those who are anti-vaccine.  It has become apparent to me that no argument or point from one side can make any impact on the views of the other.  I've always been in favor of discussion so as to learn from someone else.  That is so rare in today's age.

Right, live and let live. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it slightly humorous that people are actually worried about microchips being in the vaccine, while they walk around with a trackable GPS gadget in their pocket every single day of their lives.

Received my second dose of Pzifer on Wednesday.  A little arm soreness.  No other issues.  

When my number is called I will take it. I get having reservations. But on the other hand it cracks me up to know most people ingest things into their bodies daily, that for a FACT harm your long

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, live and let live. 

I'll be honest. When someone has boasted about not getting the vaccine in my presence, I have questioned them every single time. They made a big deal about it wanting attention, so I gave them my attention, much to their displeasure. 

Other than that, I got mine, everybody I care about got theirs, that's all I was really worried about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I'll be honest. When someone has boasted about not getting the vaccine in my presence, I have questioned them every single time. They made a big deal about it wanting attention, so I gave them my attention, much to their displeasure. 

Other than that, I got mine, everybody I care about got theirs, that's all I was really worried about. 

I think we are on the same page.  I don't want to hear anyone boast about getting the vaccine or not getting the vaccine.   With that said, if someone wants to boast (no matter what "side" they are on) I may give them some attention too as the devil's advocate. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

I just listened to a news report that said the percentage of Americans fully vaccinated is 47%.  That would not include Americans with only one shot or Americans with natural immunity after recovering from COVID which would bring the total number much closer to the 70% VoR quoted. 

That also includes people under the age of 18.  The 67% is just adults. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Where did you get that number? No way 70% of the US is fully vaccinated. 

Read it in a news story. It said the US is at 67%. I thought it sounded high also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'll be honest. When someone has boasted about not getting the vaccine in my presence, I have questioned them every single time. They made a big deal about it wanting attention, so I gave them my attention, much to their displeasure. 

Other than that, I got mine, everybody I care about got theirs, that's all I was really worried about. 

 

6 hours ago, theguru said:

I think we are on the same page.  I don't want to hear anyone boast about getting the vaccine or not getting the vaccine.   With that said, if someone wants to boast (no matter what "side" they are on) I may give them some attention too as the devil's advocate. 

If I don't know the person, usually no comment from me. People that outspoken about it aren't going to change their opinion based on anything I say so I am not wasting my time or energy with them.

Those I know, I ask why they choose not to get the vaccine to try and understand. And I pray for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

As we sit here at the end of July and the Delta variant is growing rapidly, I believe there are 3 outcomes for all of us by the end of the year.

1. Get vaccinated and be protected from serious health issues from COVID.

2.  Do not get vaccinated, get COVID, hope for the best and survive.

3. Do not get vaccinated, get COVID and die.

In other words, by the end of the year every one of us will be alive with COVID antibodies in our system by infection or vaccination, or we will be dead from COVID. No one is going to escape this at this point.

The good news is we will have herd immunity by the end of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

As we sit here at the end of July and the Delta variant is growing rapidly, I believe there are 3 outcomes for all of us by the end of the year.

1. Get vaccinated and be protected from serious health issues from COVID.

2.  Do not get vaccinated, get COVID, hope for the best and survive.

3. Do not get vaccinated, get COVID and die.

In other words, by the end of the year every one of us will be alive with COVID antibodies in our system by infection or vaccination, or we will be dead from COVID. No one is going to escape this at this point.

The good news is we will have herd immunity by the end of the year.

I am interested in following the amount of breakthrough cases (got vaccinated but still got COVID) and where that leads us.  Also I wonder if we are going to have variant after variant and if COVID outbreaks could go on for years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give my immune system a chance. The same with my kids. We fall into the least impacted category. Those with the vaccine are catching the Delta variant. I haven't social distanced since June last year. I'm pretty sure me and my family will be okay. Heading to West Virginia this weekend then South Carolina for two weeks. Unafraid. Will report back. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, theguru said:

I am interested in following the amount of breakthrough cases (got vaccinated but still got COVID) and where that leads us.  Also I wonder if we are going to have variant after variant and if COVID outbreaks could go on for years. 

The vaccine was never solely intended to keep people from getting COVID. It's to keep COVID from killing us. That is a common misconception that has been rampant lately. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

The vaccine was never solely intended to keep people from getting COVID. It's to keep COVID from killing us. That is a common misconception that has been rampant lately. 

I have never been under any misconceptions that the COVID vaccine was going to be a panacea.

If anyone is worried about COVID I would say get the vaccine.  If anyone is not worried about COVID then carry on.  Beyond that, all third parties need to get off everyone's behind and let nature takes its course.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

The vaccine was never solely intended to keep people from getting COVID. It's to keep COVID from killing us. That is a common misconception that has been rampant lately. 

I worry that the skepticism and resistance people have toward this vaccine will start trickling down to all the other vaccines that we've been using for years, like measles, polio etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.