Tigerpride94

Pulaski County Apology/Investigation

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

News flash, Coach... Nobody is worried about the number of the guy(s) that is throwing around the n-word... 

This is my understanding after speaking to someone around the program over there.  That the reason they are "Worried" about who it is, is because they are wanting to punish or more likely dismiss the player from the team. 

Now don't shoot the messenger, that's just what I have been told. 

10 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

This is my understanding after speaking to someone around the program over there.  That the reason they are "Worried" about who it is, is because they are wanting to punish or more likely dismiss the player from the team. 

Now don't shoot the messenger, that's just what I have been told. 

Are you saying it was one of their best players that they can't afford to lose so therefore there is a coverup so they don't have to dismiss said player or are you saying something else?

48 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Where did you see/hear that? That would be an interesting development. 

Sent you a PM. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Are you saying it was one of their best players that they can't afford to lose so therefore there is a coverup so they don't have to dismiss said player or are you saying something else?

No not saying that at all. I put worried in "" because of Deuce's comment. My understanding is that the guilty player will likely be dismissed from the team if they find out who it was.

• Thanks 1

Who are we kidding?  They won’t find out who it was.  Now we know it was just one player all of a sudden?  The email implies multiple players participated in the racism.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

Who are we kidding?  They won’t find out who it was.  Now we know it was just one player all of a sudden?  The email implies multiple players participated in the racism.  

Right... They are going to kick multiple kids off the team? I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Who is saying it's just one player?

I hope you didn't infer that from my post, I was just speaking in general not all inclusive terms.

18 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Follow up question:

Should the entire Pulaski County team be punished for what was said - white, black, native American, and Hispanic players alike?

The team, as a whole, should be held accountable.  The reason is that an action that is unacceptable to your peers will be or attempt to be corrected first by your peers.  If someone says or does something stupid then the peer group should make it clear that is over the line.  It seems that was not the case here. 

The message must be that a) the action itself is unacceptable and b) tolerance or encouragement of the action is not acceptable and c) everyone has a responsibility to call out this unacceptable activity out when its out there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

The team, as a whole, should be held accountable.  The reason is that an action that is unacceptable to your peers will be or attempt to be corrected first by your peers.  If someone says or does something stupid then the peer group should make it clear that is over the line.  It seems that was not the case here. 

The message must be that a) the action itself is unacceptable and b) tolerance or encouragement of the action is not acceptable and c) everyone has a responsibility to call out this unacceptable activity out when its out there.

So, to be clear, if one of your kids behaves unacceptably, and your other kids are aware of the fact that your other kid is behaving that way, you punish all of your children?

22 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So, to be clear, if one of your kids behaves unacceptably, and your other kids are aware of the fact that your other kid is behaving that way, you punish all of your children?

At the least they are complicit.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

With three boys 2 years apart each I had a saying as they were growing up when that would get into it with each other: 

"If I have to come in and fix the issue NOBODY will like the way I will fix it." 

If football player are brothers - then they better act like their brother's keeper.  And that includes making it clear when someone is over the line.  Even if its in the pile where trash talk can and does happen. I know the saying is what happens in the pile stays in the pile but the message needs to be clear - race taunting is out of bounds - even in the pile. 

• Like 2

Just now, PurplePride92 said:

At the least they are complicit.   

I'm not disagreeing there.

How about this one. I have a cousin who was smoking weed in high school. His younger sister knew about it but didn't rat him out. When my aunt and uncle found out, they grounded my cousin for a month or two, and at some point when it was brought up around his sister she said something to the effect of "everyone at school knows he smokes weed."

Does she get punished too?

Do we think the members of the Pulaski County football team that know who uttered the slurs are obligated to rat their teammates out?

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do we think the members of the Pulaski County football team that know who uttered the slurs are obligated to rat their teammates out?

What type of community and team do they want to be part of? If they let the comment go, they accept it and they have set their own standard for who they are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What type of community and team do they want to be part of? If they let the comment go, they accept it and they have set their own standard for who they are.

Like I already mentioned in this thread "if true" it is a culture at Pulaski County.