Tigerpride94

Pulaski County Apology/Investigation

3 minutes ago, DearToday said:

What's sad is Pulaski County Schools is going the other way with this. They're saying that they don't want their county schools to play teams out of Louisville and Lexington because they don't want to play teams that may make "false allegations" towards them. It's a joke. 

So they didn’t apologize?  

21 minutes ago, DearToday said:

What's sad is Pulaski County Schools is going the other way with this. They're saying that they don't want their county schools to play teams out of Louisville and Lexington because they don't want to play teams that may make "false allegations" towards them. It's a joke. 

Yikes. 

17 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

So they didn’t apologize?  

Hines the head coach for PC is quoted as saying, "no one can give me a jersey number or say, hey, this guy said this". The commonwealth journal says "however, Hines was upset about the very possibility that the players in his charge might have behaved this way and apologized to Tates Creek coach, adding that he would gladly apologize to anyone else at Tates Creek if needed."

Richardson the super at pulaski county schools said: "

"(The call) was just to let him know that's not what we're about in Pulaski, and that we would be doing an investigation to determine what students were involved and deal with them," said Richardson. "We have also asked their school staff if they can identify any numbers that would help us in our investigation."

Richardson noted that Hines and PCHS principal Rodney McAninch have also offered apologies and worked to determine which students were involved.

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

Hines the head coach for PC is quoted as saying, "no one can give me a jersey number or say, hey, this guy said this".

News flash, Coach... Nobody is worried about the number of the guy(s) that is throwing around the n-word... 

16 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

News flash, Coach... Nobody is worried about the number of the guy(s) that is throwing around the n-word... 

That’s what I’m saying.. seems a little out of touch with the severity of what happened. 

20 minutes ago, DearToday said:

That’s what I’m saying.. seems a little out of touch with the severity of what happened. 

It's deflection on his part. 

52 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I agree.  If we judge the Pulaski County football team by this incident it is a culture and that is totally unacceptable and "heads should roll."

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

Hines the head coach for PC is quoted as saying, "no one can give me a jersey number or say, hey, this guy said this". The commonwealth journal says "however, Hines was upset about the very possibility that the players in his charge might have behaved this way and apologized to Tates Creek coach, adding that he would gladly apologize to anyone else at Tates Creek if needed."

Richardson the super at Pulaski County schools said:

"(The call) was just to let him know that's not what we're about in Pulaski, and that we would be doing an investigation to determine what students were involved and deal with them," said Richardson. "We have also asked their school staff if they can identify any numbers that would help us in our investigation."

Richardson noted that Hines and PCHS principal Rodney McAninch have also offered apologies and worked to determine which students were involved.

Devil's advocate, of sorts: Is it possible that Hines' comment was out of exasperation with the fact that there isn't any way to identify which players were the guilty ones?

Without question, if I were the head coach, I would be telling any kid using language like that to hand in his jersey. If Hines legitimately doesn't know who said it, and no one is able to tell him who it was, he can't hand out an appropriate punishment.

• Like 1

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Devil's advocate, of sorts: Is it possible that Hines' comment was out of exasperation with the fact that there isn't any way to identify which players were the guilty ones?

Without question, if I were the head coach, I would be telling any kid using language like that to hand in his jersey. If Hines legitimately doesn't know who said it, and no one is able to tell him who it was, he can't hand out an appropriate punishment.

Follow up question:

Should the entire Pulaski County team be punished for what was said - white, black, native American, and Hispanic players alike?

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Follow up question:

Should the entire Pulaski County team be punished for what was said - white, black, native American, and Hispanic players alike?

If you don't know exactly who did it, you can't really punish anyone. You can, however, have a very frank conversation about how that language and mentality is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If you don't know exactly who did it, you can't really punish anyone. You can, however, have a very frank conversation about how that language and mentality is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. 

Agreed. And that sucks out loud that the only recourse is to "give a firm talking to", but that's the reality of it.

It also makes me wonder if that doesn't leave some high school kid(s) feeling like they successfully got away with it.

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Agreed. And that sucks out loud that the only recourse is to "give a firm talking to", but that's the reality of it.

It also makes me wonder if that doesn't leave some high school kid(s) feeling like they successfully got away with it.

They will get away with it.  Why wouldn’t they?  

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

That absolutely is getting away with it. The kid(s) that did it will likely gloat about it, too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

That absolutely is getting away with it. The kid(s) that did it will likely gloat about it, too. 

You're probably not wrong about that.

5 hours ago, DearToday said:

Where did you see/hear that? That would be an interesting development.