The Oracle

Is Chris Wolfe getting any phone calls or emails from Ft. Thomas this week?

What do you think?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• No calls/emails.
    • Yes, calls/emails. Yes, he'll consider it.
    • Yes, calls/emails. No, he won't consider it.
    • ...maybe just a text or two.

How would a move to Highlands be achievable?  Isnt Coach Wolfe heavily invested in a few businesses and business opportunities in the louisivllle area.  I know you guys speculate all kinds of stuff to keep things exciting and to have something to talk about, but.....realistically, how could a guy leave Hundreds of thousands of dollars in business ventures for a coaching and teaching position and a coaching stipend?  

Most people I know that have business investments have people running the business for them. I would assume that’s how he coaches now. Small business owners are more hands on. Sounds like to me he can do what he needs to do, if he so chooses. 

If he has business investments in Louisville then he probably isn’t the primary actual business manager since he is a big school head football coach and that “should “ take up a lot of time. Louisville is not far away and COVID has proven that you don’t actually have to be there to be fully involved with a business. So in 2020, absolutely not a problem to have an investment in a different town. My friend actually invested in a Louisville group of restaurants while living in Ft Thomas from 1980 - 2001. Non issue, unless Chris is the cook at the restaurant or whatever it is. 

• Haha 1

He was a Boombozz pizza franchisee, but has since lost control of that restaurant. I'm not sure what other business ventures he is tied to.

It's kind of the perfect storm for coach Wolfe!

He's frustrated with JCPS and no worries with the business venture anymore.

Plus, it's home and he would knock it out of the park at Highlands. Only thing is Male will be loaded next season. So, there's that issue?

• Like 1

I have to think somebody from Ft. Thomas will reach out to him, but no one with any official credentials in the situation. I'm suspect that there is some serious chatter happening among the Highlands Boosters about what they can do to get the administration hear their concerns and respond with an ouster of Coach Weinrich. So reaching out to Coach Wolfe may not take place this week, but I think it'll happen at some point. And if Weinrich is gone at the end of the year, Highlands is absolutely bonkers not to at least reach out and ask him.

• Like 1

Yeah it's sad... I really like BW. He is a good guy. A really good coach. It had to be a real weird transition to take over after Dale, I mean you can't fill those shoes.  If Highlands moves on from Brian I actually think he will feel a huge weight off his shoulders. I guess if he starts somewhere else fresh without that weight over him he will be very successful. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah it's sad... I really like BW. He is a good guy. A really good coach. It had to be a real weird transition to take over after Dale, I mean you can't fill those shoes.  If Highlands moves on from Brian I actually think he will feel a huge weight off his shoulders. I guess if he starts somewhere else fresh without that weight over him he will be very successful. 

Couple of things to elaborate on here.  The ‘transition’ should have been smooth because he was hand picked by Dale and according to Dale himself was a co-head coach those last few years.  If Brian would have a huge weight lifted off his shoulders when Highlands moves on, then maybe he was not the right man for the job.  He knew the weight over him when he took the job being a former player and long time assistant coach.

As I have stated elsewhere, Brian Weinrich was and is a good football coach, but that alone does not assure you of success as a head coach.  The biggest issue/hurdle in my opinion has been the reluctance to move away from the two platoon system when the kids in the program at that time were not up to the level as prior years under Dale.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It had to be a real weird transition to take over after Dale, I mean you can't fill those shoes. 

A nearly impossible task, regardless of who the next coach was, IMO.

7 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

If Brian would have a huge weight lifted off his shoulders when Highlands moves on, then maybe he was not the right man for the job.  He knew the weight over him when he took the job being a former player and long time assistant coach.

These two sentences are contradictory. 

1 hour ago, Male Dueller said:

Is there any chance Dale Mueller would come back?

No no. You stay retired so CovCath can keep winning. Our turn to shine. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

These two sentences are contradictory. 

How so?  When he took the job, he knew what it entailed and the expectations that went with it.  If he would feel relief upon being let go or stepping aside, then perhaps he was not the man for the job.