theguru

Cooper 48 Highlands 21

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Wright was not on Cooper's roster last year. Where did he play last year?

He didn't.  Personal reasons.  He's definitely a baller though.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

HUGE Win for the Jags!  Lee and Wright are a 2-headed monster and the were virtually unstoppable.  Had it not been for the late 3rd qtr INT they probably would have scored on every drive as I do not believe they punted the entire game.  Defense bent but didn't break and made HHS have to put long drives together...Coach B's philosophy.

Thanks to HH folks for broadcasting the game so those of us who had to move away could watch the game!

Really good post @Mr. Sixer, thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

How often are High School Coaches fired in-season for losing?

I'd say administration were gutless if the did it before the end of the season. They can't bow down to pressure from outside the school. 

Fire him? Sure, but AFTER the season not in the middle.

The sensible and correct answer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket Man said:

I’m thinking Coach Borchers will be offered the Head coaching at Highlands when BW retires at end of the season. Just a thought because Borchers lives in Fort Thomas and his kids go there. What you all think?  I like it. 

Can't see that happening.  The Jags pipeline is plenty full with the freshman class and new turf coming not to mention he's also the AD at Cooper.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Sixer said:

He didn't.  Personal reasons.  He's definitely a baller though.

Looks like this is his first varsity season. Did he play as a freshman?

2 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Did someone just say that Highlands plays the Men of Moeller next week? 
My lord I will pray for a forfeit...

I remember it like it was yesterday, through these doors walk the Mighty Men of Moeller!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Yet here you are. 😘

#NeverGraduate

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Sixer said:

Can't see that happening.  The Jags pipeline is plenty full with the freshman class and new turf coming not to mention he's also the AD at Cooper.

Right, all things considered it would be a "step down" for Coach Borchers. 

• Confused 1

Never a point or stretch lower than this in the history of the Bluebird program.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Yet here you are. 😘

Ted, Sweep, Jack and I saw this coming 2 years ago.  Everybody else is just catching  up.

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

I remember it like it was yesterday, through these doors walk the Mighty Men of Moeller!

Moeller is 2 and 6 and have already been knocked out of the playoffs.  Not sure their motivation level playing what amounts to as a meaningless game for them.  Nothing stranger than losing a playoff game then playing 2 weeks later.

6 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

How often are High School Coaches fired in-season for losing?

I'd say administration were gutless if the did it before the end of the season. They can't bow down to pressure from outside the school. 

Fire him? Sure, but AFTER the season not in the middle.

This is a firing that should have happened 4 yrs ago. 

Besides this is Covid and anything is possible and they administrators are gutless... my opinion. They are failing the kids

• Like 1

Just now, cincyswords said:

Moeller is 2 and 6 and have already been knocked out of the playoffs.  Not sure their motivation level playing what amounts to as a meaningless game for them

Moe improved over the course of the season. If the game happens, they will be plenty motivated.

11 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Even with their woes, historically, Boone County is overmatched by Highlands. That trend will continue here as Highlands finishes off the Boone County circuit.

As I said in the prediction thread. Historically you would be right. However, a Boone County team going into this year has beaten Highlands 4 of the last 5 years. Which now after the win tonight by Cooper,  a Boone County team has beaten Highlands 5 of the last 6 years. 

So I would say the trend of Boone County schools being overmatched by Highlands is no longer a thing. As someone said in the update thread, arguably two of the best athletes on the field tonight belonged to Cooper. 

Great game tonight by the Cooper players and coaches. A great game plan, and great execution by the players for all four quarters.