Colonels_Wear_Blue

Michael Mayer at Notre Dame

Just now, TheDeuce said:

They can opt out and train for the NFL if they really feel like they are ready. 

Opt out of what and what does that accomplish?

Just now, theguru said:

Opt out of what and what does that accomplish?

Playing college ball. If the athletes fear injury in college, don't play and just train. 

It's an NFL rule, not an NCAA one. The NFL knows 98% of guys are not ready prior to three years post-high school. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Playing college ball. If the athletes fear injury in college, don't play and just train. 

It's an NFL rule, not an NCAA one. The NFL knows 98% of guys are not ready prior to three years post-high school. 

It is a horrible rule.

Just now, theguru said:

It is a horrible rule.

Eh... I hear what you are saying but the NFL can set whatever eligibility rules they want. 

Again, if you remove the rule and no NFL teams draft the few guys that want to go early, what was accomplished by eliminating the rule? 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Eh... I hear what you are saying but the NFL can set whatever eligibility rules they want. 

Again, if you remove the rule and no NFL teams draft the few guys that want to go early, what was accomplished by eliminating the rule? 

Choice.

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Choice.

They have a choice to pursue a different league, they don't have to play in the NFL. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, theguru said:

Another impressive thing about Mayer is his blocking ability.  

Did anyone see him line up in the backfield?

His ability to block is going to up his NFL Draft stock.

From what I've seen of him, he tries to help his team on every play........gives a lot of effort.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think Mike is a first round pick after his junior year. McShay said during the Pitt game that he was the most talented player on the offense right now. He's just so physical for a freshman playing high level college football. Special, special player.

Just now, CCHFC said:

Obviously I'm biased, but I think Mike is a first round pick after his junior year. McShay said during the Pitt game that he was the most talented player on the offense right now. He's just so physical for a freshman playing high level college football. Special, special player.

I agree, 1st round talent that can do it all.