Colonels_Wear_Blue

Central at Franklin County Predictions/Updates (Postponed to 10/24)

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2020 at 11:30 PM

COVID sure hasn't done any favors for the Flyers football in 2020; Franklin County has only been able to sneak in 3 games thus far in the month and a half of football that's been played already this season. But they're making the most of it, with a total 149 points scored this season, to their opponents' collective 36 points in their 3-0 season. Quarterback Nick Broyles has had a big something to do with that. A 77% passer, he's connected with receivers 57 times for 1069 yards and 14 touchdowns through the air in three games. That's an average of over 350 yards per game passing - that's right, average.

This week the Flyers take on their district rival Central, who is headed to Frankfort to try to claim the top spot in the district. Although the Yellow Jackets may not have quite the high powered offense that Franklin County has, they're still no slouch. The Jackets are averaging 250 yards rushing per game, but more importantly for Friday's game, Central's defense has only allowed 10 points thus far in their four games this season. They'll be relying heavily on athlete Malachi Williams on both sides of the ball. Williams is their team's top scorer, #2 rusher, and leads the defense in both total tackles and sacks.

This is a game that has the potential for a heck of a highlight reel on Friday night.

image.thumb.png.de1b6df490421d1e7f506d4594d51086.png

• Thanks 1

This should be good one. Last year they split with Franklin County winning in regular season and Central winning in playoffs.

• Like 1

An old adage in boxing is that styles make fights. If that were ever true in football, this game would be a textbook example. You've got Franklin County's polished, point a minute offense vs. Central's rugged physicality and unrelenting defense. Something's got to give, right? Last year, FC's offense gave and Central's defense won out. The Flyers averaged 47 points per game against teams not named Central, and just 10.5 in two games against the Yellowjackets. 

The 40 point beat down the Flyers laid on Waggener last week has me feeling the home team right now, but you can never underestimate Central. It's easy to get distracted by something shiny and new, but old reliable seldom lets you down.

The pieces are in place for a memorable night in the state capital. 

I like Franklin County this weekend, but Central in November.

IMO when you have a high powered offense and a stingy defense, the advantage still always goes to the offense. A defense can play excellent for 98% of the game, and one or two big plays can result in defeat. 

I voted for Central, but either team winning shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, outside of a blowout by either squad. 

• Like 3

Central has allowed one TD all season to date, allowing just 2.5 points per game.

Franklin County is scoring 50 points per game on offense.

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Doesn't look like there is any streaming or radio coverage of the game tonight. THAT'S a bummer.

I know Prepspin is LCA centric and that’s fine. I wish they were covering this one tonight, though. Should be the best game in central Kentucky. 

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I know Prepspin is LCA centric and that’s fine. I wish they were covering this one tonight, though. Should be the best game in central Kentucky. 

I totally agree with you, but for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure PrepSpin is paid to broadcast Lex Cath and LCA.

Franklin County is Bluegrass Sports Network's wheelhouse, but they're covering Anderson County vs. Lex Cath and Frankfort vs. Berea tonight.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I totally agree with you, but for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure PrepSpin is paid to broadcast Lex Cath and LCA.

That’s what I meant. I knew there was some type of contract/relationship. But like you said, Central/Franklin should be on somewhere!

• Like 1

Anyone know the fan policy for this game?

Look up FCHS Flyers QB Club on Facebook, it is streaming on Facebook on Frankfort Plant board.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pete W said:

Look up FCHS Flyers QB Club on Facebook, it is streaming on Facebook on Frankfort Plant board.

Would you please post a link here.