Sign in to follow this  
DevilMayCare

Elizabethtown at Bardstown Predictions/Updates

Panthers vs. Tigers  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/23/2020 at 11:30 PM

If you're driving through Nelson County this coming Friday night, and the skies over Bardstown appear to be on fire, don't be alarmed, it's probably just the Tigers and Panthers lighting up the scoreboard at Garnis Martin Field. One of the marquee games in Kentucky this week features the #1 and #3 scoring offenses in 3A. In fact, no team in the state, regardless of class scores more than Bardstown (6-0, 53 ppg). 

But offense, as they say, sells tickets, while defense wins games. In this age of offense, it's easy to get hung up on points scored, but Bardstown and E'town can both defend with the best of them too. The Panthers (6-0, 8.8 ppg allowed) and Tigers (10.5) rank second and third, respectively, in 3A in scoring defense. 

At this point in the season, this should be a match-up of top five teams. Bardstown has won every game by three scores or more, and Elizabethtown hasn't been challenged since Week 1. The six week buildup to this game has been a best case scenario, as each team enters the contest with a gust of wind at its back.

4iyl2i.thumb.jpg.6144a0595b6c8be1c1aa0891d7311066.jpg

• Thanks 1

Both teams graduated a bunch of really good players. Bardstown probably graduated a few more of their tough guys. Both teams have their QB's back, and playing well. Bardstown has had a surprising number of skill players step up, with sophomore running back T.J. Greenwell and sophomore WR Shannon Tonge playing large roles, to complement senior RB Adarius Anthony, senior flanker Gray Clark, and senior wideout Will Koger. Brady Clark is really playing well, taking his checkdown options, throwing the ball away when necessary and picking up surprising yards when he scrambles. Bardstown can be a little complacent on run D and I expect E-Town's senior line leadership to make a difference.  Last year, Bardstown was the superior team that flubbed up in the rain in the regular season game but crushed E-Town in the bone-dry playoff. Potential storms in the forecast Friday. My guess is that the E-Town gameplan will be to keep Clark and the Tiger offense off the field with a steady diet of runs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think either one of these teams have exactly played a tough schedule so the numbers may be skewed a little but still I think Elizabethtown wins a close albeit high scoring game.

Two high scoring teams!  E-town has a great senior class of guys that excel in basketball and football!  I see that RB Montgomery is at Bethlehem this year and not Bardstown.  He was the difference in Bardstown's playoff win last year.

12 hours ago, teeroy said:

Two high scoring teams!  E-town has a great senior class of guys that excel in basketball and football!  I see that RB Montgomery is at Bethlehem this year and not Bardstown.  He was the difference in Bardstown's playoff win last year.

While he certainly had a big night, Brady Clark was 16-19 for 226 yards and 3 TD's, and the defense had 3 sacks, 6 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions and a forced fumble.  It was a monster effort all the way around.  Committee production this year has equaled his output from last season.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this