Scott County at Ballard Predictions/Updates - Cancelled

Cardinals vs. Bruins  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2020 at 11:30 PM

After spending the past two weeks laying waste to the bottom of the district, Scott County takes a substantial step up in competition as they pack their bags for Louisville to face 6A top ten ranked Ballard. This should serve as an ideal table setter for the regular season finale against Frederick Douglass. The Broncos handled the Bruins by four touchdowns a few weeks ago.

Ballard took care of Eastern in Week 6 to even their record at 2-2. The prior schedule had been challenging, to say the least. Games against Fern Creek, aforementioned Frederick Douglass, and Trinity, have tested the Bruins' mettle. Now we see if that brutal schedule starts to pay off.

4iyk2q.thumb.jpg.c3fb55686870ba6668f2782050ddb5d0.jpg

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Scott County won 46-45 last year and I think this will be another close one.

That was a wild night in Georgetown. Ballard went for two and the win in overtime, but couldn't convert. Scott County ran for over 500 yards (three different backs ran for 100+) and Ballard's Jayden Farmer went off for 378 by himself. He was about 80% of their offense that night. Usually when you see a score like that, it involves teams that like to throw it, or at least one team that does. But nearly all the yardage in that game was accumulated on the ground. 

I could see this turning into another high scoring game, but not both teams at 40+. I don't know that Ballard has the offense for that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

If Scott Co. follows the same guidelines as they used in cancelling their game with Frederick Douglass this game will not be played as Jefferson Co. moved back into the red zone for Covid this afternoon.

Will depend on what is Thursday. If Jefferson County red Thursday then JCPS will shut down all their sports most likely. They only played on 4-3 vote at beginning of season.

37 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Will depend on what is Thursday. If Jefferson County red Thursday then JCPS will shut down all their sports most likely. They only played on 4-3 vote at beginning of season.

Ok what will they do on Volleyball starting tomorrow or soccer regionals they are red right now on the map that came out this afternoon?

2 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Ok what will they do on Volleyball starting tomorrow or soccer regionals they are red right now on the map that came out this afternoon?

I’m not for certain but won’t surprise me if they shut it down. Hopefully they don’t but already 3 of 7 members on board think they shouldn’t be playing now so won’t take much. Will be interesting tomorrow to see if they do anything.

11 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I’m not for certain but won’t surprise me if they shut it down. Hopefully they don’t but already 3 of 7 members on board think they shouldn’t be playing now so won’t take much. Will be interesting tomorrow to see if they do anything.

You never know I noticed that Pike Co. has went from red on Thursday to orange today.

• Like 1