Sign in to follow this  
DevilMayCare

Owensboro at Grayson County Predictions/Updates

Red Devils vs. Cougars  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Owensboro
    • Grayson County

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/23/2020 at 11:30 PM

Owensboro (6-0) got a fight out of Graves County in Week 6, but still prevailed by three scores. Gavin Wimsatt was an efficient 14 of 17 on his throws, but got picked off twice. It wasn't an A+ performance from the Red Devils, but Graves County should be given due credit. They battled and gave Owensboro a better game than some, including myself, thought they would. 

The #5 team in 5A now turns its attention to a scrappy Grayson County (5-1) bunch that defeated Ohio County last week, 26-7. Running back Cadan Woodcock was the definition of a workhorse, with a robust 42 carries for 145 yards and a pair of scores. He's knocking on the door of a thousand yards rushing this season.

Grayson's 45-0 loss two weeks ago to the same Graves County team that Owensboro just beat by three touchdowns, suggests a long night is in store for the Cougars. 

4iyg1i.thumb.jpg.9a722dfa9b6d0245a688857b860b9c0b.jpg

I’ll come back to this topic later but Wimsatt’s 2 picks were the following:  A pass caught be his WR Rogers who juggles and flipped it up in the air right to Graves DB (I might add at the Graves 10 yard line and the Devils about to go up 21-7) and the 2nd was 5 seconds before half and Wimsatt throwing downfield just to try make something happen.  The only other pass he missed was a 55 yard bomb to Tinsley, which was a beautiful throw just a yard or 2 out of reach.

13 hours ago, Brown said:

I’ll come back to this topic later but Wimsatt’s 2 picks were the following:  A pass caught be his WR Rogers who juggles and flipped it up in the air right to Graves DB (I might add at the Graves 10 yard line and the Devils about to go up 21-7) and the 2nd was 5 seconds before half and Wimsatt throwing downfield just to try make something happen.  The only other pass he missed was a 55 yard bomb to Tinsley, which was a beautiful throw just a yard or 2 out of reach.

This is accurate. The 2nd pick looked like he didn’t see the Graves defender, but it wasn’t really even a bad throw. Just trying to get the ball downfield. Kid doesn’t scream D1 by his athleticism, however he is more athletic than anyone else on the field, but he simply throws the ball perfect on pretty much every single throw. He is special! Because of that I believe he will pick apart the Grayson defense. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this