Sign in to follow this  
Tigerpride94

Ryle 44 Dixie Heights 14

24 minutes ago, Gizzle42 said:

Their whole defense is not their weakness, just  defensive line. The stellar play from the second and third level is why they only give up 120 yards a game. The d line was exposed tonight. They ran up the middle anytime they wanted. It was like clockwork. If you think the d line will be able to handle teams deep in the playoffs, we are not watching the same team. 

I'm a Dixie parent, I watch them every week. They have some injury issues. I'm not saying they aren't without fault on the D-Line. They got beat up front hands down, a few people on here agree with that on both sides of the ball. Ryle scored 44 points at the end of the day so yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around. So Ryle had some decent runs, complimented by a few QB scrambles for chunk yardage, just like SK had last week against Dixie. But the Dixie D line, didn't fumble the ball twice, they didn't get their QB sacked, they didn't throw any interceptions, and they weren't on the field to recover the muffed punt. Sometimes the other team is just better that day. I have faith the coaches will get it fixed. Besides, there does not appear to a lot of depth they can rely on. Poor kids are just worn down at the end of a long game when the offense can't sustain drives. Just my two cents as a casual observer. Dixie will be fine they have a good ball team this year. I'm not ready to say one small part of that team is at fault for 44 points.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, hogstooth said:

I'm a Dixie parent, I watch them every week. They have some injury issues. I'm not saying they aren't without fault on the D-Line. They got beat up front hands down, a few people on here agree with that on both sides of the ball. Ryle scored 44 points at the end of the day so yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around. So Ryle had some decent runs, complimented by a few QB scrambles for chunk yardage, just like SK had last week against Dixie. But the Dixie D line, didn't fumble the ball twice, they didn't get their QB sacked, they didn't throw any interceptions, and they weren't on the field to recover the muffed punt. Sometimes the other team is just better that day. I have faith the coaches will get it fixed. Besides, there does not appear to a lot of depth they can rely on. Poor kids are just worn down at the end of a long game when the offense can't sustain drives. Just my two cents as a casual observer. Dixie will be fine they have a good ball team this year. I'm not ready to say one small part of that team is at fault for 44 points.

Turnovers are a killer. I have mentioned this earlier this season in other threads. Every turnover is worth 7 points. If Dixie had 3 more turnovers than Ryle, that is worth 21 points on the scoreboard.

• Thanks 1

Dixie is a really good team, I just said its something that can be fixed. There is not many weaknesses on that team. Turnovers killed them as well. I have confidence in the coaches and players to get it turned around. 

Stunned by this one. Were there any injuries for Dixie? Anyone out?

This is one of the more surprising outcomes this season so far considering Dixie's recent wins and Ryle's start to the season. Has to be more to the story right?

3 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Stunned by this one. Were there any injuries for Dixie? Anyone out?

This is one of the more surprising outcomes this season so far considering Dixie's recent wins and Ryle's start to the season. Has to be more to the story right?

Looks like turnovers are a big part of the story.

Has Ryle made changes to their offense?

Kudos to the Raiders, Coach Engler and his staff for improving dramatically over the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Kudos to the Raiders, Coach Engler and his staff for improving dramatically over the last few weeks. 

Ryle had a season ending injury to a key offensive player during preseason. A lot of what they were planning to do this season offensively was tailored around that player’s unique skill set. Unfortunately, they didn’t have a lot of time to make adjustments earlier in the season and have been looking for the right offensive chemistry since (in my opinion).  It clearly looks like they figured some things out.

QB Lyons has looked really good. He might be one of the most underrated QB’s in the state. He’s a big, strong QB with a great arm. Recently he’s shown he can make plays with his feet. Most importantly, he’s stepped up and has become a great leader for a team that plays a lot of younger players.

Speaking of which, great game by Super Soph Lukas Colemire! 2 TD’s, a pick, and some great sticks on defensive. Not much that kid can’t do on the football field. Gonna be a stud!

Defensively, Gabe Savage is a problem for opposing offenses. He’s got a D1 body with a nose for the ball w/ a lot of speed. Excited to see he develop for another year.

Great game, Raiders!

5 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

The offense is pretty much what they have been playing the entire season. They had trouble with timing but now seem to be getting into sync. They have gone a couple games without the mistakes that plagued them early on. Those mistakes put stress on that very good defense. Ryle could easily be a 1 loss team right now but dropped some games they shouldn't have.

It’s good to see the Raiders improving. Hopefully they put this upset victory behind them quickly and prepare well for SK to win the district. Dixie had one of those nights and Ryle certainly played well.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this