Colonels_Wear_Blue

Covington Catholic 42 Highlands 0

8 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

I get it and rightly so. CovCath embarrassed Highlands for what the 5 th straight time. 
There are some impressive plays and tds by the Blueboys and the young announcers do a nice job trying to stay Unbias. 

Throwback 19 straight wins by Highlands and it gets interesting right? Some of those beat downs by Highlands were criminal. 

Highlands will return, be careful of poking the Bear

...and at the time, we heard all about those criminal beat downs, repeatedly.  There was plenty of bear poking when the tables were turned.  Plenty.  Conversely, I don’t see a ton of bear poking here.  Whatever gets you goin, I guess.

Anyone worth their salt, associated with CCH, respects the football program in Ft. Thomas. Moreover, all associated with CCH football should do everything they can to stay out in front of their rival.  I hope they do.  There’s still a lot of score settling left to do.  A.  Lot!  I hope everyone in Park Hills keeps that in mind.  I hope everyone at Cov Cath remembers that long losing streak and some of the embarrassing scores.  Cov Cath has to maintain the challenger’s mindset when it comes to playing their rival.  It’s not just another game on the schedule.  CCH has to maintain the right mindset and put in the hard work because somewhere along the way, maybe even later this year, they’re going to get the Birdies’ best punch.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Samcro said:

...and at the time, we heard all about those criminal beat downs, repeatedly.  There was plenty of bear poking when the tables were turned.  Plenty.  Conversely, I don’t see a ton of bear poking here.  Whatever gets you goin, I guess.

Anyone worth their salt, associated with CCH, respects the football program in Ft. Thomas. Moreover, all associated with CCH football should do everything they can to stay out in front of their rival.  I hope they do.  There’s still a lot of score settling left to do.  A.  Lot!  I hope everyone in Park Hills keeps that in mind.  I hope everyone at Cov Cath remembers that long losing streak and some of the embarrassing scores.  Cov Cath has to maintain the challenger’s mindset when it comes to playing their rival.  It’s not just another game on the schedule.  CCH has to maintain the right mindset and put in the hard work because somewhere along the way, maybe even later this year, they’re going to get the Birdies’ best punch.  

Agreed. CovCath can't overlook anybody, especially your biggest rival.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Samcro said:

And there is the Spirit that will not die...I love that attitude and wish Highlands was taught this but more importantly believed it.

• Like 5

Anyone Notice that at the end of the game when Covcath staff and players walked out to give highlands the “good game wave” that the Highlands staff and kids turned their backs.  That’s what I was told from a friend.  Anyone see that?

2 hours ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Anyone Notice that at the end of the game when Covcath staff and players walked out to give highlands the “good game wave” that the Highlands staff and kids turned their backs.  That’s what I was told from a friend.  Anyone see that?

If true, that is a worse indictment of the coach and the state of the program than the score.

• Like 2

Did not see anything that looked like they turned their backs to the “wave” intentionally. Saw CCH raise helmets, yelling/cheering, and ran to visitor side end zone to pray as they should after winning.  Also, saw HHS staff and players cleaning up the sideline.  If there was a “good game wave”, HHS staff was not aware it was to occur because they have participated in this at other games.  I think it’s arranged by the home team since teams are to leave field after game per covid guidelines. 
And, the picture circulating in this thread is not the full pre-game; it’s a snapshot!  HHS did pre-game much earlier than CCH.  They finished up as CCH full team was starting their pre-game.  Then HHS did some stretching.  The picture was the transition; not their pre-game!  People arriving to the game just before kickoff would have missed the pre-game stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t see anything but a clean game, played by both sides, in terms of sportsmanship.  No issues at all.  Always possible I missed something, but I didn’t see anything from either side that was cause for concern.  Nothing to see here...

• Like 4

Ugh. The play that made my stomach hurt was a Cov Cath running play were I saw two bird defenders pretty much opt out of trying make the tackle. It made me sad. I think the 'bluebird spirit' is on life support against good opponents.... It looked like they don't believe in themselves.  Many people don't realize that is the most important and first step in any challenge in life.

Congrats to the Colonels, they know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Ugh. The play that made my stomach hurt was a Cov Cath running play were I saw two bird defenders pretty much opt out of trying make the tackle. It made me sad. I think the 'bluebird spirit' is on life support against good opponents.... It looked like they don't believe in themselves.  Many people don't realize that is the most important and first step in any challenge in life.

Congrats to the Colonels, they know what they are doing.

I saw the same and will not call out the kids.  I made the comment while watching the game online that they were defeated before the game even started.  

Give me 11 guys that want to fly around and play the game and I will find a place for them.  The more the merrier, but if you want to walk around and don’t want to put forth the effort then maybe this sport is not for you.

5 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I saw the same and will not call out the kids.  I made the comment while watching the game online that they were defeated before the game even started.  

Give me 11 guys that want to fly around and play the game and I will find a place for them.  The more the merrier, but if you want to walk around and don’t want to put forth the effort then maybe this sport is not for you.

Yeah it was just 3 or 4 kids on the defense were mailing it in. #30, #2, and some others played at 100% but you have to have the whole team playing like that on defense against an opponent like that.

42-0? I was way off. Thought HHS would do much better than they showed. Sounds like some decisions need to be made defensively. On offense it looked like HHS was able to move the ball occasionally but unable to put it in the Endzone. It appears HHS is reaching a low point. Cooper comes to town this week right? And then Mighty Mo. I know they aren't the Moeller of past but it still will be big game for them to not let a small Ky team beat them. Can't overlook Cooper or the Birds will be paying a Visit potentially to Park Hills the 1st week of the Playoffs. Season over.