Colonels_Wear_Blue

Covington Catholic 42 Highlands 0

40 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

So someone please explain as this armchair QB is obviously lost his mind and knows nothing.

How can CovCath destroy a Highlands team 42-0 on Friday night and then turn around and lose a JV game 24-21 in OT? 

No way this should happen or maybe I should reiterate no way last night results should happen. 

Just looking for answers...

I was told Cov Cath's JV team was without quite a few of their regular starters due to a combination of the injury bug, and because several were kept out because of the number of minutes they had in the varsity game last night.

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I was told Cov Cath's JV team was without quite a few of their regular starters due to a combination of the injury bug, and because several were kept out because of the number of minutes they had in the varsity game last night.

Understand and I suspected the same but not a 6 TD difference to playing within a field goal today? Idk, that’s a lot of Blueboys on that sideline compared to the other side

09085F5E-0B23-49B1-A77D-6C2CE47B2678.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Thanks for the update. That's the first lost for CCH at any level. 

So is that bad for CovCath or great for Highlands?  I mean is the talent at Highlands or isn’t it? 

Not being negative to you Sportsguy, just trying to figure out if this ball has 3 sides or 4 sides to it...

Should Highlands expect to win at the Frosh and JV level but not on Friday nights because it’s harder? To me the talent level is there.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Let me add. Pete Rose did strike out once. And that was a swinging strikeou😀t

1 hour ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Since the Friday night game was a blow out a lot of JV players got more playing time and didn't play today. Not hard to figure out really. It's a JV game does anyone really care about it beside the guys who play in it and their parents?

• Like 1

Highlands threads have always been entertaining, just for much different reasons now. 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Actually, probably shouldn’t have used Beechwood as an example but did because Highlands lost Herggot to them which would never had happened under the previous success model. 

Beechwood is where I would send my Sons today under the current circumstances if I were making choices.

I can’t believe Iam saying this but it would be a different story if Highlands administration had a plan in place to correct things but they don’t. They claim they are broke financially and there are no teaching positions available so the thought of even considering a new coach is out of the question. 

We just need to hire someone who doesn’t need a teaching position.   😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Highlands threads have always been entertaining, just for much different reasons now. 😂

Even you know it’s time my man lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

You might want to double check, but this debate is only about 4 yrs new now... even those that wished for a turnaround just to prove the Highlands hardcore wrong wont win this argument. Iam anxious to see if one of the numbers guy come up with some stats to chew on over these last 5 miserable years.
God I miss Birdsfan...someone please post numbers just to prove me right again. Remember to take out the Tubby Championship year.

If you'd have told me before the game that Caleb Jacob would only throw for 99 yards and Highlands would commit just two penalties and one turnover, I would've anticipated the Birds at least keeping it close, if not pulling off the upset. The fact that they played a pretty clean game and still lost a 42 point shutout, echoes the domination by Covington Catholic last night. Steady improvement by the Colonels should have been expected, because CovCath's staff is as good as it gets. I think they still have a lot of work in front of them if they have designs on repeating, but the Colonels may be rounding into form. That form might just look a little different this year.

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Just watched the highlights and the most telling part of it....when the announcers are giggling as the backup QB makes Highland’s defense look like little league. #itstime

I get it and rightly so. CovCath embarrassed Highlands for what the 5 th straight time. 
There are some impressive plays and tds by the Blueboys and the young announcers do a nice job trying to stay Unbias. 

Throwback 19 straight wins by Highlands and it gets interesting right? Some of those beat downs by Highlands were criminal. 

Highlands will return, be careful of poking the Bear

• Like 1