2020 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

theguru

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I probably would put Ryle ahead of Dixie. Ryle  has three losses on the year, but two of those losses were against Highlands, and the other against Cooper. Ryle also though has a win over Campbell County. 

As someone mentioned it is a shame that there can’t be a freshman playoffs. I think this year, it would have been a very competitive playoff bracket. 

I’d like to see a state freshman playoff. Seems not a lot of freshman teams anyway so shouldn’t be hard to pull off.

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I’d like to see a state freshman playoff. Seems not a lot of freshman teams anyway so shouldn’t be hard to pull off.

Just now, Sportsguy10 said:

That is a great Idea! I would add a rule that teams cannot add to the roster after a percentage of season has been played (unless it was an injury). 

The downside there is that lots of teams move freshman up to practice and get a little experience with varsity once the freshman season has ended, and that would more or less not be an option if a freshman playoff was taking place. Plus there is an inevitable amount of travel that a lot of smaller schools don't have in the budget.

16 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The downside there is that lots of teams move freshman up to practice and get a little experience with varsity once the freshman season has ended, and that would more or less not be an option if a freshman playoff was taking place. Plus there is an inevitable amount of travel that a lot of smaller schools don't have in the budget.

Couldn't let us run with that half an idea for at least a weekend.  🙂

• Haha 3

On 10/23/2020 at 12:29 PM, futurecoach said:

I probably would put Ryle ahead of Dixie. Ryle  has three losses on the year, but two of those losses were against Highlands, and the other against Cooper. Ryle also though has a win over Campbell County. 

As someone mentioned it is a shame that there can’t be a freshman playoffs. I think this year, it would have been a very competitive playoff bracket. 

One thing I've not seen mentioned is that in normal years freshman seasons are capped at 10 games. A playoff would kill that.

In NKY we used to have a single game championship played between several of the larger schools where the two teams for the championship were selected based on records. I remember attending a CCH vs. Ryle freshman championship game in the early 90s at Ryle when the school was brand new, and then I attended another between HHS and CCH in 2010 where HHS won 36-14.

Seems to me that Beechwood, Boone, Campbell, Conner, CCH, Dixie, HHS, Holmes, SK and Ryle were generally in the mix. I can't speak for other schools, but CCH didn't usually play Beechwood on the freshman level until the last decade or so, and I can recall some years where folks from some of the smaller schools had a lot of heartburn over people from the bigger programs declaring themselves NKY freshman champions when there were other teams around the region that didn't get a bite at the apple.

I don't remember hearing much about NKY championship games in recent years, and I was kind of hopeful that the 'TBD' on the CCH frosh schedule was a hopeful slot for a championship game.

6 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

The TBD game is Nov 7 after the JV game. I Believe at CCH. Rumors are it will be against a Boone County team with a lot of sophomores on it.

Against "a Boone County team with a lot of sophomores" as in "against the Boone County Rebels froshmore team"? Or as in "against a froshmore team from one of the Boone County high schools"?

More details to come this week but I believe (don’t hold me accountable) it’s Rebels Froshmore team. Doesn’t make much sense because  that was not a good game the first time around with eight minute quarters. But like I said more details to come.

21 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Against "a Boone County team with a lot of sophomores" as in "against the Boone County Rebels froshmore team"? Or as in "against a froshmore team from one of the Boone County high schools"?

Boone County Rebel froshmore team.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 2:42 PM, Sportsguy10 said:

More details to come this week but I believe (don’t hold me accountable) it’s Rebels Froshmore team. Doesn’t make much sense because  that was not a good game the first time around with eight minute quarters. But like I said more details to come.

22 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

Boone County Rebel froshmore team.

Thanks.