16thBBall Fan

Los Angeles Lakers 2020 NBA Champions

50 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Let's do the bubble again next year and add Steph, Klay, KD and Kyrie. 

39 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

We just might be. 

Some talk that they may start the season in a bubble in hopes of getting back to home arenas at point during the regular season. The owners are reliant upon fans in the stands and need that added revenue.

1 minute ago, SnottieDrippen said:

Let's not forget the two LA teams were the only ones to vote(or whatever the process was) against restarting after the boycott in the first round. They didn't think it was the right thing either. 

Also, the Champs* had a key player opt out, which begs the question, would KCP have had a shot at Game 4 magic if Avery Bradley hadn't opted out? 

Exactly. I will never think Milwaukee was anything but fraudulent, but they never seemed they were all there. Or the Clippers, but I think they had bigger issues.

I have to give it up for KCP. He showed me more this bubble-season than any other player.

I still can't get over Dwight Howard winning a title. In Orlando.

Gross.

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Exactly. I will never think Milwaukee was anything but fraudulent, but they never seemed they were all there. Or the Clippers, but I think they had bigger issues.

I have to give it up for KCP. He showed me more this bubble-season than any other player.

Ankle Monitor KCP was peak KCP, but this guy in the playoffs was really really good, much to my surprise. 

36 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

Let's not forget the two LA teams were the only ones to vote(or whatever the process was) against restarting after the boycott in the first round. They didn't think it was the right thing either. 

Also, the Champs* had a key player opt out, which begs the question, would KCP have had a shot at Game 4 magic if Avery Bradley hadn't opted out? 

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Don’t matter.  The players that chose to play showed up to play and Avery is still getting a ring.  

On 10/12/2020 at 7:47 AM, SnottieDrippen said:

As I alluded to in the series thread, YUUUUUGE asterisks on this title.

4 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

As long as there are asterisks for NASCAR, NHL, MLB, MLS, Kentucky Derby, The Masters, the Super Bowl, etc then you won’t get any debate from me.  

I don't see any need for an asterisk for the Lakers' title.  

All I see is the cream rising to the top in a pure form. 

Congrats Lakers!

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

The best team won.  

I agree with this. The best team won. We can debate how/why they were the best until we are blue in the face.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I agree with this. The best team won. We can debate how/why they were the best until we are blue in the face.

No need to debate! It's because AD carried Old Man Cry-me-a-River.

5 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

No need to debate! It's because AD carried Old Man Cry-me-a-River.

It seems to have rubbed off. 😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

It seems to have rubbed off. 😂

At least somebody here is capable of changing their own perspective.

41 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

At least somebody here is capable of changing their own perspective.

Who needs to change their perspective? Seems like everyone here agrees LeBron is the best player in the league. 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Who needs to change their perspective? Seems like everyone here agrees LeBron is the best player in the league. 

Did you not see Jimmy's performance in the bubble and Finals?! He is clearly superior to LeBron. Jimmy just needs more help.