16thBBall Fan

Kentucky 24 Mississppi State 2

Final its nice to finally get one in the win column. The Cats defense had 6 interceptions that is probably a record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just how bad is LSU?

Good win for the Cats!  The meat of the schedule is upcoming, great confidence booster.

Wonder if SEC Shorts will pick this game to joke on?

Just now, John Anthony said:

Just how bad is LSU?

Good win for the Cats!  The meat of the schedule is upcoming, great confidence booster.

Last year a virtually invincible team that would have to play an NFL team to lose to an SEC bottom dweller.

• Like 1

Cats should be 3-0 with a somewhat of a legit chance to make a move on Atlanta.  This is a bad bad year for the SEC.

4 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Was nice to see Joey Gatewood and Tisdale on the final series.

FYI that was true freshman Jutahn McClain and not Tisdale.  Eddie Gran has said lots of good things about McClain in camp and he had a nice run last night as well.

15 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final its nice to finally get one in the win column. The Cats defense had 6 interceptions that is probably a record.

Sadly that's not a record as the Cats had 7 INTs against Florida in a game in 1993 but still managed to lose somehow.

I can't lie. When they got the safety to make it 14 to 2, I said to my wife "Great, we are going to lose 16-14!" I figured they'd get a quick strike TD and score another in the last minute to beat us. I guess as a UK Fan that feeling is just ingrained in us...LOL

Leach said today they might need to purge the roster, ya think lol?  I said that in the update thread.

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Leach said today they might need to purge the roster, ya think lol?  I said that in the update thread.

He might also need to think about running it against 3 man fronts dropping 8!!!

• Like 1

Great showing by the defense in a must win game to keep hopes of a .500 season alive.  

But if that is the offense that UK is going to bring every week they're looking at a 2-8 season.  

I hate to find the negative in a win, but our defense had 6 receptions, and our offense had 8 receptions. I believe on the broadcast one of the announcers said something to the effect that it doesn't make sense that QB is the only position that if somebody is having a bad day you don't rotate somebody else in. I'm not saying take the job completely away from Terry, but after what I saw in the first game and this one (he looked good in the 2nd game), I feel like you have to give Allen or Gatewood some in-game reps to see what they can do. No reason Terry should have been in the game if he could only complete 8 passes.

RIP to Mike Leech is going to be a problem with SEC caliber athletes.

9/26/20 - 10/10/20

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, bugatti said:

RIP to Mike Leech is going to be a problem with SEC caliber athletes.

9/26/20 - 10/10/20

In fairness how many does he have?