Jump to content
Colonels_Wear_Blue

Highlands at Conner Predictions/Updates (10/3)

Who wins?  

31 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 11:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Rule 2 reads in part:

Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardly anybody had Conner winning the regular season game last year, and even after the Cougars won, Highlands was still the decided favorite heading into the playoff rematch. Given the optics and general vibe surrounding the Highlands program right now, I'm expecting the voting for this game to flow heavily in Conner's favor, which feels appropriate.

Having said that, I'm leaning Highlands right now. I don't know how to explain it, but the mood feels right to me for a Bluebird bounce back win. Everybody's so down on them right now. If there's an ounce of pride to be found in that locker room, Highlands will put its best foot forward this week. Whether or not that's enough, who knows? So much of what Conner did offensively last year against Highlands ran through Jared Hicks. Without him around for Conner to fall back on, I think Highlands finds a way to pull this out. Just a hunch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Hardly anybody had Conner winning the regular season game last year, and even after the Cougars won, Highlands was still the decided favorite heading into the playoff rematch. Given the optics and general vibe surrounding the Highlands program right now, I'm expecting the voting for this game to flow heavily in Conner's favor, which feels appropriate.

Having said that, I'm leaning Highlands right now. I don't know how to explain it, but the mood feels right to me for a Bluebird bounce back win. Everybody's so down on them right now. If there's an ounce of pride to be found in that locker room, Highlands will put its best foot forward this week. Whether or not that's enough, who knows? So much of what Conner did offensively last year against Highlands ran through Jared Hicks. Without him around for Conner to fall back on, I think Highlands finds a way to pull this out. Just a hunch.

You summed up my feelings @DevilMayCare, I don't know exactly how to explain it but I like Highlands in this game too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Highlands has a bit of a chip on there shoulder. Highlands has struggled but they played a top 10 KY team last week, not Boone Co.  Conner is playing the best team they have this year on the road and Jared Hicks is not around. This is the team that ended the 'Birds season last year, if they can't get get passionate about this game might as well cancel the rest of the season. These two teams are probably pretty evenly matched. If the 'Birds can get the run game with Noon going and not make too many mistakes I like to Birds come out victorious in a back and forth game.

CONNER           24

HIGHLANDS    31

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Hopefully Highlands has a bit of a chip on there shoulder. Highlands has struggled but they played a top 10 KY team last week, not Boone Co.  Conner is playing the best team they have this year on the road and Jared Hicks is not around. This is the team that ended the 'Birds season last year, if they can't get get passionate about this game might as well cancel the rest of the season. These two teams are probably pretty evenly matched. If the 'Birds can get the run game with Noon going and not make too many mistakes I like to Birds come out victorious in a back and forth game.

CONNER           24

HIGHLANDS    31

 

 

The game is at Conner.  If Highlands could not get jacked up for Jared Lorenzen night at home last year with the UK band playing at halftime, I cannot imagine that happening this week either.  Hope that I am wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The game is at Conner.  If Highlands could not get jacked up for Jared Lorenzen night at home last year with the UK band playing at halftime, I cannot imagine that happening this week either.  Hope that I am wrong.

No disrespect intended to the memory of Jared or to anyone else, but I just don't know how jacked up a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds are going to be about honoring and recently-deceased football player who hadn't played at their high school since before they were born.

And maybe it's me speaking through the glasses of someone who didn't have a pep bad at their school, but is a halftime show really going to get a football team all that jacked up? Especially if it's playing at halftime while they're being yelled at in the locker room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Oracle said:

No disrespect intended to the memory of Jared or to anyone else, but I just don't know how jacked up a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds are going to be about honoring and recently-deceased football player who hadn't played at their high school since before they were born.

And maybe it's me speaking through the glasses of someone who didn't have a pep bad at their school, but is a halftime show really going to get a football team all that jacked up? Especially if it's playing at halftime while they're being yelled at in the locker room?

A team feeds off the electricity in the stadium.  Highlands shown none of that last year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The game is at Conner.  If Highlands could not get jacked up for Jared Lorenzen night at home last year with the UK band playing at halftime, I cannot imagine that happening this week either.  Hope that I am wrong.

For sure, but nothing gets a player to play more angry than playing the team that knocked you out twice last year. I'm not even sure if they knew any of that happened during halftime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough game to predict. I was leaning Conner primarily because of their 29-6 win over Campbell County. Looking at things more closely, that win does not impress me as much. Two pick six's for Conner in that game. Those are anomolies versus a predictable, repeatable factor. I am impressed that Conner held Boone County to just 29 yards rushing. On the Highlands side, that loss to Simon Kenton makes me doubt them in this game. A lot of question marks for me on both these teams that make it tough to get a read on the game but I am leaning toward Conner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard that Highlands will be without there left tackle Jake Arthur and Center Trevor Harms. Big lose for the birds. O-line has got to step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conner in this one. Like stealing money literally from Highlands. No Win no chance of a Playoff game. A Win-Win for Conner and another season of Highlands Sports suffering financially at the hands of the Fall Sport that use to be the Bread winner year in and year out.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, football analysis said:

I have heard that Highlands will be without there left tackle Jake Arthur and Center Trevor Harms. Big lose for the birds. O-line has got to step up.

That stinks. Why are they out? COVID related? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my opinion, the difference in the game will be if Highlands can get a passing offense going.  Charlie Noon is very gifted on the ground, but will need to throw the ball to beat them.  Conner's defense has been really good this season.  Campbell and Boone both tried to run on them with no luck.  I'm not comparing Campbell, Boone and Highlands, just stating that their run defense has been great.

Hoping that both teams come out healthy and wishing luck to them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.