16thBBall Fan

Ole Miss at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

Ole Miss vs Kentucky  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 08:00 PM

Didn’t Gatewood leave Auburn because he couldn’t win the starting job? That’s who everyone is clamoring for?

8 hours ago, John Anthony said:

They want Gatewood to be the guy.  They already have a play sheet for him exclusively.  

And if he’s the best option at QB, he should be the guy.

Right or wrong, loyalty gets coaches fired. You have to play who gives you the best chance of winning.

12 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

And if he’s the best option at QB, he should be the guy.

Right or wrong, loyalty gets coaches fired. You have to play who gives you the best chance of winning.

Mark Stoops is not getting fired at Kentucky. He's there as long as he wants to be. 

28 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Mark Stoops is not getting fired at Kentucky. He's there as long as he wants to be. 

It is Mark Stoops, not Bobby Bowden. Give UK a couple of four/five win seasons, which is totally plausible, and he will be on the hot seat. That is just the nature of the game for a coach that has been around 5+ years.

38 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

dontcountonit.jpg

He could abruptly "retire".

30 minutes ago, bugatti said:

It is Mark Stoops, not Bobby Bowden. Give UK a couple of four/five win seasons, which is totally plausible, and he will be on the hot seat. That is just the nature of the game for a coach that has been around 5+ years.

It would take three plus years of sub .500 wins and no bowls for him to really be on the hot seat. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It would take three plus years of sub .500 wins and no bowls for him to really be on the hot seat. 

Pretty much agree.  A third year of sub .500 would spell the end for Stoops.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Didn’t Gatewood leave Auburn because he couldn’t win the starting job? That’s who everyone is clamoring for?

I don't know whether Gatewood will be a good college QB or not.  But he lost the job at Auburn to Bo Nix who was the #1 ranked QB in his recruiting class.  Quite a few examples of QBs transferring elsewhere due to not starting and finding success somewhere else.  I mean Justin Fields couldn't win the starting job at Georgia and I'm pretty sure Ohio State is very happy to have him now.

1 hour ago, cincydragons said:

I don't know whether Gatewood will be a good college QB or not.  But he lost the job at Auburn to Bo Nix who was the #1 ranked QB in his recruiting class.  Quite a few examples of QBs transferring elsewhere due to not starting and finding success somewhere else.  I mean Justin Fields couldn't win the starting job at Georgia and I'm pretty sure Ohio State is very happy to have him now.

Good luck on Gatewood being Justin Fields. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, TheDeuce said:

Good luck on Gatewood being Justin Fields. 

That doesn't seem to be where he was going. He was just pointing out that QB's get beat out and transfer all the time and many have success at their next school, using Fields as an example. 

• Thanks 1

A lot of talk at the time that Gatewood never had a true shot at the job at Auburn. Bo Nix being an Auburn Legacy, pretty much had it locked up if he could play at all.

I have no idea if Gatewood can play or not. I hope he does well, but I'm holding my breath expecting Cam Newton 2.0 to take the field for the Cats.

Kentucky once again seems to have a substandard batch of WR's, hopefully someone breaks out and can become a legit weapon on the outside and down the field.

If the coaches don't think Terry can stretch the field on occasion and are reluctant to take a shot more than once a blue moon, then defenses are just going to pack it in. Terry isn't accurate enough to pick a tight defense apart with timing plays needed to beat tight coverage. 

Kentucky has to commit to the run more than they did last week and then use the pass to catch defenses off guard. 

My goodness that did not take long 8 plays and 75 in only 2:22 seconds/ The Cats were on their heels the whole or like they did not realize the game had actually started. Ole Miss leads 7-0.

35 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Kentucky has to commit to the run more than they did last week and then use the pass to catch defenses off guard. 

This. They have a stable of RB’s. Use them.

• Like 2

I would bench AJ Rose, terrible times two.